Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

From the clips there seems to be no jokes in this standup special. She is just ranting. The audience aren't even laughing, they are just whooping and hollerin when she says something about trans people, guns or anything woke.  

I was half expecting her to say "Dey terk er jerbs !" like those rednecks on South Park. 

I don't think it has to be shit. They just need to be smart about what they do. I think there's enough in the concept to allow for it to be entertaining still. There's enough room there for shocking moves and plays. They just need good casting and some new twists and turns while trying to keep the charm of the first series.

I still love something like Survivor because they managed to cast it well most seasons and drop some good twists and turns into it. It's never guaranteed but not everything needs to go to shit after the first series.

• Paid Members

I had a look at the application process for The Traitors and they want all your social media handles and how many followers you have on insta/twitter/tiktok. The best thing about the show was it wasn’t full of influencers. It had such a great mix of people. It might just be how the application process works for these things now. But I hope it doesn’t go the whole love island/influencer type. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I really don’t want it to be, but it’s going to, isn’t it? It’ll be like The Circle all over again. 

Im keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be proven wrong. 

This sounds like the sort of thing a traitor would say. 

Isn't it always the case with this sort of thing that the first series is the best and it gets worse from there because they can't recapture what was good about the first series because the expectations are too high. 

24 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I had a look at the application process for The Traitors and they want all your social media handles and how many followers you have on insta/twitter/tiktok. The best thing about the show was it wasn’t full of influencers. It had such a great mix of people. It might just be how the application process works for these things now. But I hope it doesn’t go the whole love island/influencer type. 

My hope is they are doing this so that if you have over a certain amount of followers, you’re not picked. 

• Paid Members

There needs to be a substantial change every season, because everyone applying will think that they have figured out how to play the game. If they figure out a way to make everyone who's trying to meta-game it either get caught out and fucked over immediately, or just made to look like pricks throughout, it could still be great. The one thing they can't do is more of the same. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

There needs to be a substantial change every season, because everyone applying will think that they have figured out how to play the game. If they figure out a way to make everyone who's trying to meta-game it either get caught out and fucked over immediately, or just made to look like pricks throughout, it could still be great. The one thing they can't do is more of the same. 

I'd say one more season of the same, to draw everyone into a false sense of security about the meta-game, and also because it's fun to see a meta-game being implemented with some degree of skill first time. Then change it up, and watch it all go to fuckery.

43 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

To be fair, some of them did already have some social media stuff going on before the series anyway, and it didn't really ruin anything. I think they're smart enough to get a good mix rather than just full of fashion influencers or whatever.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

To be fair, some of them did already have some social media stuff going on before the series anyway, and it didn't really ruin anything. I think they're smart enough to get a good mix rather than just full of fashion influencers or whatever.

I recognised one of the blokes on it from his time on Only Connect which I think says more about me than him.

• Awards Moderator
41 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I recognised one of the blokes on it from his time on Only Connect which I think says more about me than him.

Only Connect is an infamous breeding ground for narcissists and attention seekers. Like that ex Tory MP who went on there and showed everyone what he had in his van to make sure he got noticed on twitter. 

... That's, Michael Portillo's Viral Load, next on BBC 2.

48 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Only Connect is an infamous breeding ground for narcissists and attention seekers

There is a team on this year who are the most annoying cunts ever on the show, and that takes some doing. Their semi final was on tonight, I really hope they lost.