Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I auditioned for Fifteen-to-One when I was at uni and it was Philip, the voiceover guy, who took the audition. First thing he said to us was "Sorry it's me and not William".

The only question I got right was one about The Daily Mail :( 

I was also supposed to do an audition for 100% but it was in Wrexham and fuck that.

I also auditioned for 15-1 when I was 20 and I thought I knew everything. Luckily for me it was William asking the questions. I don't know what it was like for Dev, but for mine it was set up like a game of 15-1 and they called people up in turn to play a game. I was in the first game, answered questions as they came no worries and got through to the final 3. They didn't take it any further than that. I was selected to go on and lost my 3 lives to questions on ballet, classical music, and opera. Still weaknesses of mine in quizzes to this day. 

I was also on Test The Nation. I regret not walking off it to this day because Piers Morgan was on it. 

• Paid Members

My Dad appeared a couple of times on long forgotten Channel 5 quiz show 100% in the late 90's. He got given a complimentary bottle of champagne for being the highest scoring loser in history, which was the most on brand thing that could have possibly happened.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 6:58 AM, Gus Mears said:

My Dad appeared a couple of times on long forgotten Channel 5 quiz show 100% in the late 90's. He got given a complimentary bottle of champagne for being the highest scoring loser in history, which was the most on brand thing that could have possibly happened.

100% was fantastic. A real man’s quiz. Summerslam to 15-1’s Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

100% was also one of the territories and indies that the wonderful heel CJ, who didn’t kill anyone, cut his teeth on. I love CJ, me. 

It's a shame that Revenge of the Egghead spin-off that BBC tried to do as sort of their version of The Chase, with CJ as the Egghead "chaser", didn't take off.