Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

People who moan about Glastonbury, either the music or it being full of the middle classes or Tories, are boring. 

I'd love to go, it's the only big festival I've never been to, and the kids would love it...

...however they really don't help themselves sometimes. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Imagine how shit it would be to do PE with Joe Wicks at Glastonbury. Have a day off guys.

Unless they're all on drugs. Then it's probably quite decent to be fair.

1 minute ago, Gus Mears said:

I can't stand it. Ruins 6 Music for about a month between ads and shite live versions of songs every half hour.

Don't listen to it then you loon! 🤣

1 minute ago, Gus Mears said:

Plus all the roads round my neck of the woods all get jammed.

Alright, I'll let you have that one. That is annoying.

• Paid Members

I don't go around moaning about it like a arsehole all the time, but since you brought it up it's on my Shit for Cunts list. I hate camping, pricks on drugs, the sound at most festivals, and as I don't drink any more I can't see anyway that I could possibly enjoy it even slightly. But I'm happy for the people that love it.

• Paid Members

I had a great time at Glasto in 2005, it wasn't quite too busy, albeit rather muddy. 2007 was so busy though, and horrendously muddy. I still enjoyed it, especially the secret Madness gig, but it felt like another huge step towards Glastonbury becoming a huge corporate entity as opposed to a big festival. 

• Paid Members

I did enjoy it when they wheeled out the Bee Gee for the old duffers set a few years back. That was good fun to watch.

I'd be well gutted if I'd spent a bunch of money with great expectation and ended up with 2023 Guns N Roses and Elton fucking John as the weekend headliners.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm going full on "winnebago wanker" 

I had a chat with someone at small festival when I was setting my van up and they were genuinely aghast that I had just a bed and fridge on wheels. No toilet, no microwave, no working sink. 

What started the next chat was me washing in a bucket outside (shorts on, I'm not getting my nob out in a crowd without prior approval) which I considered perfectly normal but was apparently living like some feral beast.

Edit: I love camping. I've got a couple of old primas stoves I use and escaping to nowhere is my dream, so doing it when I can is great. When I finally go over the top I'll be living in the woods poaching until they find me.

Edited by Tommy!

I'll be honest, I was a bit hasty in saying full winnebago wanker, but I'd at least need a bed, a working shower and a toilet. 

I have really bad skin so a day without a proper wash/shower is genuinely disastrous to be honest. And a toilet to myself as, well, I like pooing in peace.

I'm glad you enjoy camping, and I've been loads of times, festivals and other, but it's just not for me, for the aforementioned reason really.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

but beds and "glamping pods" etc just feels 'wrong' for a festival

I get where you’re coming from. But I think that’s the only way I’d actually enjoy a festival now. I couldn’t think of anything worse than sleeping in a tent these days. My girlfriend has been on at me the past couple of years about going Download or Glastonbury and it’s a no from me unless we fork out for glamping. 

8 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

I get where you’re coming from. But I think that’s the only way I’d actually enjoy a festival now. I couldn’t think of anything worse than sleeping in a tent these days. My girlfriend has been on at me the past couple of years about going Download or Glastonbury and it’s a no from me unless we fork out for glamping. 

Last download I went to in 2012 we stayed in a hotel in town and apart from the extra faff getting a bus in and back or a taxi one night (which was hell) it made the weekend very pleasant. Being able to sleep in a warm comfy bed, have a buffet brekkie and take ourselves away from the festival when needed made it feel less like you'd been to battle at the end. Only way I'd do a big festival again.