AEW Double or Nothing

Mat

10 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

How is it subverting anything? "If you want something, then you should pay the required fee to buy it. If you take it without paying then you are a thief, regardless of circumstances."

You said that, not me. It's a completely black and white statement that you are applying to all media.

This forum is headache inducing at the moment.

You're right, I acknowledge that I opened the conversation up to any and all circumstances. Your example of unknown/inactive rights holders doesn't really come under the remit of piracy though as I've said while agreeing with you in the post you replied to. Take some Ibuprofen and settle down.

Edited by Bicurious Dad

• Moderators

As regaqrds paying for AEW, while I'm playing a million pounds a month for a NOWTV pass to watch the cricket AEW can go fuck and deal with my illicit streaming of their product. It's all about priorities and I'd rather pay £33 a month for the cricket world cup and Ashes than £15 for 3 hours of AEW.

I paid for AEW this time, because I didn't want to miss it. I thought it was shite though, so next time I'll look to watch it for free somewhere, and if I miss it or if it's a shite stream then I won't be to bothered.

If it's too good to miss I'll buy it. If it's shite I won't. 

Which is my point about being available for free distorts the value calculation.

I’m not judging, but it’s a very dangerous entry into the calculation. Particularly for new companies.

The bar to payment is a lot lower if free isn’t an option.

I've been keeping a close eye on the twitter social media following (bearing in mind the likes of ITV, Cody, Jericho, TNT etc have been plugging the AEW twitter handle) before and after the PPV to see what kind of following its got and the momentum its getting.

Friday 24th - 230,773 followers.
Yesterday at 8am - 257,788 followers.
Yesterday at 22:30pm - 276,897 followers
About an hour ago - 290,235 followers.

I know its only twitter but WWE have always had a big thing about social media views, followers, likes etc. In this day and age its word of mouth and free publicity, WWE currently has around 10.5m followers for what it's worth.

Edited by Briefcase

36 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

I thought it was shite though, so next time I'll look to watch it for free somewhere

Genuine question, but why do you want to watch the next one if you thought the first one was shite? I honestly can’t understand why people continue to watch something they don’t enjoy. 

25 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Genuine question, but why do you want to watch the next one if you thought the first one was shite? I honestly can’t understand why people continue to watch something they don’t enjoy. 

Fair question, 

Main reason, I'm a lifelong wrestling fan and there will always be something in a show I'll enjoy, and I'll always be intrigued by the goings on of big wrestling companies. Like I said on the first page, I enjoyed the Rhodes match, even if I did think they went OTT on the blood. I'm glad I saw that match, at least. It didn't save the show for me, as I thought there were many horrible moments.

So that's where I stand, the show was bad imo, I wouldn't pay to see the next one, but I'm a big enough wrestling fan that I'd maybe give it a shot, if I can watch it for free. 

14 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't like Toblerone but if I can steal it from the corner shop, I'll eat it.

It's more, I like Toblerone but I'm not sure if the new pack is for me, I'll not buy it again but will maybe give it a try if I get offered one for free. 

In a serious note, I don't really get your disapproval or general crankiness. I bet you still watch WWE, or a least bits of it, when you don't enjoy it. And I bet you've streamed wrestling before.

I thought the first AEW show was bad. I wouldn't be in a rush to buy another show. If I could stream it for free I maybe would, as it was only their first show and I'm intrigued to see where it goes. I may skip it altogether, read the reviews then try to catch the best bits online. Shoot me.

Edited by LEGIT

3 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It is though. If you can't afford something, then you have to do without it. If you want something, then you should pay the required fee to buy it. If you take it without paying then you are a thief, regardless of circumstances. Especially so for non-essential stuff like music, movies and TV.

Nope.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

I bet you still watch WWE, or a least bits of it, when you don't enjoy it.

I enjoy something. Either the weekly shows, one of them, part of them or the PPVs and I keep up to enjoy them. The times I've thought it was all shite, I've not watched at all - rare as that is.

I don't mind that you think it's shite. I don't mind that you will watch anyway and most probably whine. It's no justification for stealing it though.

I'm not holier than thou. Piracy is what it is. I've done it like everyone else. But I'll pay if I can and especially if it's a niche product that relies on the money.

56 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

It's more, I like Toblerone but I'm not sure if the new pack is for me, I'll not buy it again but will maybe give it a try if I get offered one for free. 

In a serious note, I don't really get your disapproval or general crankiness. I bet you still watch WWE, or a least bits of it, when you don't enjoy it. And I bet you've streamed wrestling before.

I thought the first AEW show was bad. I wouldn't be in a rush to buy another show. If I could stream it for free I maybe would, as it was only their first show and I'm intrigued to see where it goes. I may skip it altogether, read the reviews then try to catch the best bits online. Shoot me.

Welcome to UKFF ;)