Stupidest Spot Ever?

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Deathmatch wrestler Messiah lost a thumb after a real life attack (wasn't this Rob Black related?), could it be linked to that as I'm sure they played that stuff up.

The story goes that Rob got some goons to go do it as he'd been "romantically involved" with someone he was close to. The story was they got the thumb but were disturbed and fled before they could finish the job and cut off his penis. 

This is all alleged (SmugHislop.gif) and IIRC no charges were brought. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Wasn’t there a story years ago that someone was wanting their opponent to cut their thumb off during a death match?

Necro Butcher wanted a finger cut off during a match. He was hoping it could be put on ice as soon as it came off and then go to the hospital and get it reattached once the match was over. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

MITB Spoiler. Don't open if you haven't watched it yet.

I didn't need to open it. It was open for a split second whilst the page loaded. Great move by @Hannibal Scorch there. Aren't there rules about posting spoilers before people have had a chance to see the event, nevermind posting the content in an unrelated thread with no indication of what lies beneath?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I didn't need to open it. It was open for a split second whilst the page loaded. Great move by @Hannibal Scorch there. Aren't there rules about posting spoilers before people have had a chance to see the event, nevermind posting the content in an unrelated thread with no indication of what lies beneath?

I am sorry if your browser unexpectedly shows spoiler images. i have never had that happen to things in spoiler tags, but have amended my comment

• Paid Members
On 5/19/2019 at 12:40 AM, Nostalgia Nonce said:

The video cuts out just before the ref hesitates to count the 3, because this wasn't even intended as the finish.

The most bullshit/indyrrific spot ever at the time this happened. A mate and me actually conceived the idea of a moonsault Styles Clash a few years before I saw this, and we hadn't really considered that it may not be safe to execute considering moves like Shiranui Kai/Spanish Fly exist, but the factor that positively enrages me is that someone could use a top rope moonsault version of a finisher like the Styles Clash.... and that it's not going to end the match. If it's not the finish, don't fucking do it.

This was my answer before I saw Lio Rush's crime against selling which makes me wish for him to do something else - anything else - for a living. Turd.

• Paid Members

The problem is, at an Indy show, and I am talking real minor league, not your TNA, ROH level mainly, everyone is so desperate to make a name they will do any old shit to try and get over no matter the crowd size.

It does work sometimes too. Ospreay was having the same type of matches/spots he does in Japan in a school hall in Braintree back when he was 18 in front of 100 people. He filmed all the backyard stuff he did as well and it got him a go with progress. This is why people go too far. 

• Awards Moderator

Nah revealing the winner of the main event of MITB is bang out of order when the event finished 5 hours ago. Spoilered or not. This thread isn't the place for it. 

For the record before 'why are you on a wrestling forum then' I don't give a toss, I woke up and read the headlines. But positing the finish this early in an unrelated thread is wrong. Take it down @Hannibal Scorchand ditto @Accident Prone(I know it's not your fault but it's in your post now). 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Nah revealing the winner of the main event of MITB is bang out of order when the event finished 5 hours ago. Spoilered or not. This thread isn't the place for it. 

For the record before 'why are you on a wrestling forum then' I don't give a toss, I woke up and read the headlines. But positing the finish this early in an unrelated thread is wrong. Take it down @Hannibal Scorchand ditto @Accident Prone(I know it's not your fault but it's in your post now). 

I took it out (Image) from my post about 10 minutes ago. I assume because it's quoted it showing up there?

And apologies for anyone who had it spoiled. @Onyx2 is right. I have never had spoilers show up unless I have clicked on them so never knew of this issue.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch