Stupidest Spot Ever?

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Thank you for apologising, @Hannibal Scorch. I accept that you weren't aware of the temporary visibility of spoilers whilst the page loads. It's not normally a problem if you're loading a page from the top because the visibility happens off-screen. But if you click to view the last post or the last unread post and that contains the spoiler, then the tag is front and centre as soon as the page loads rather than elsewhere on the page.

This is what it looks like, using something which isn't a spoiler really:

It's not enough time to read a tonne of text but more than enough to register an image.

Nonetheless, given that this in an unrelated thread and that people do use spoiler tags to hide joke content/large images etc, you really should have indicated what it was you were spoiling. People would be at fault for going into a MITB and clicking a spoiler if they didn't want to know anything about that event; they can't realistically never reveal the content of a spoiler tag in other topics on the off-chance that it refers to something unrelated to the topic though.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Nah revealing the winner of the main event of MITB is bang out of order when the event finished 5 hours ago. Spoilered or not. This thread isn't the place for it. 

For the record before 'why are you on a wrestling forum then' I don't give a toss, I woke up and read the headlines. But positing the finish this early in an unrelated thread is wrong. Take it down @Hannibal Scorchand ditto @Accident Prone(I know it's not your fault but it's in your post now). 

Done.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Thank you for apologising, @Hannibal Scorch. I accept that you weren't aware of the temporary visibility of spoilers whilst the page loads. It's not normally a problem if you're loading a page from the top because the visibility happens off-screen. But if you click to view the last post or the last unread post and that contains the spoiler, then the tag is front and centre as soon as the page loads rather than elsewhere on the page.

This is what it looks like, using something which isn't a spoiler really:

It's not enough time to read a tonne of text but more than enough to register an image.

Nonetheless, given that this in an unrelated thread and that people do use spoiler tags to hide joke content/large images etc, you really should have indicated what it was you were spoiling. People would be at fault for going into a MITB and clicking a spoiler if they didn't want to know anything about that event; they can't realistically never reveal the content of a spoiler tag in other topics on the off-chance that it refers to something unrelated to the topic though.

It's a feature I have never used, so yes, that makes sense now, as stupid as it was. As I aside, I am not one of those guys (a tory), and had I realized there was any chance of it showing up without clicking on it I wouldn't of done.

Not that that it makes it any better, but I opened up twitter and that image was the first thing on my timeline, which is why i avoid all social media and forums if I really want to make sure something is spoiled. At this point with the Ashley stuff going on, I don't really care what WWE are doing so I didn't care myself

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not that that it makes it any better, but I opened up twitter and that image was the first thing on my timeline, which is why i avoid all social media and forums if I really want to make sure something is spoiled. At this point with the Ashley stuff going on, I don't really care what WWE are doing so I didn't care myself

I don't care about the spoiler either but I know that there are some that do, and with MITB being a pretty big WWE event on the calendar, I just thought it wise to warn others. When I'm avoiding New Japan spoilers I can still enter any non-New Japan thread here and expect not to be told who won what, the same way you can go into any thread in Off-Topic and be fine for GoT spoilers unless you venture into the GoT thread.

The way you have it now is spot-on. It's all about context.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
On 5/19/2019 at 12:40 AM, Nostalgia Nonce said:

This one always gets my vote for stupidest spot. Anything that high impact, where the first thing to hit the mat is your opponents face was never going to end well.

The video cuts out just before the ref hesitates to count the 3, because this wasn't even intended as the finish.

For me that spot is not so much stupid, but reckless & dangerous. As you say, Mike Syndall is completely unprotected having his head being driven into the mat with the momentum of Spyral's whole body weight behind it. The fact that Syndall was 'trapped' into taking the move makes it worse as no wrestler with an IQ above 70 is going to be willing to be at the receiving end of that move, and that the "only" injuries he suffered from were a broken thumb, getting knocked out and a concussion was a little fortunate - that move could have legit broken Syndall's neck or cause head injuries akin to a car crash and killed him. As for Spyral himself it's lucky for him that he was able to get all the momentum in that move to effectively carry the weight of two people as had he not been able to, he'd have been in trouble himself. Anyway, the bitch called Karma (no relation to Awsome Kong) eventually met him.

Also for the mention of the Irish Whip, the only time I've seen the move as having legitimacy as a believable manoeuvre in the ring was when Bret Hart would take it, being flung front first into the turnbuckles, no landing it turning around before hitting the corner. The way Hart took it would make it look that it would knock the wind out of you. It's also a bit more believable in areas surrounding the ring where competitors are often whipped front-first into the steel steps, occasionally the barricade (and often going over them with the momentum), a third person holding an inanimate object like a belt or the ring bell etc. Otherwise, yeah that gif of Santino mocking the Irish Whip into the ropes does say a bit.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ahem.

Yes you are.

Not like Keith to take something out of context to impress his mates. Honest mistake made an apologised for. Huge difference in what I did and someone spoiling something intentionally. Not my fault the forum is broken as fuck