Stupidest Spot Ever?

WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

The stupidest spot in wrestling actually happens in almost every match.

antonio cesaro wwe GIF

The Irish whip.

What a load of bollocks. Just think about this logically and apply human physics for a moment. Somebody grabs their opponent and pushes them into a set of ropes. They turn and land perfectly, giving a catapult effect. How in the fuck would this happen in real life?? The gif above from Santino mocks and exposes the entire spot for what it is- bollocks.

The "ref clearly slows his count down to allow a pin breakup" stuff needs fucking off. Japan is the absolute worst for this.

Another one I've noticed in Joshi lately, is one wrestler lightly pushing another wrestler and she does a forward roll into a seated position. Looks piss weak and I don't know why they do it.

Hm, I'm not usually a fan of the stuff like that in the first post, but I don't think that one is particularly offensive compared to others. It actually looks clean for a spot that dangerous and there's a reasonable sized crowd there. I don't doubt though that it's stupid and unnecessary. 

Someone posted a powerbomb from a ladder through a table spot where the guy taking the bump got straight back up, ate a pile driver and then still kicked out. That's far worse. 

4 minutes ago, pol_pot_rick said:

b07YpGQ.gif

I don’t mind last ditch quick bursts of adrenaline if done right. That gif is pretty fucking stupid but at least it looks like a mental last ditch attempt to buy some time.

This spot was far stupider 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Hm, I'm not usually a fan of the stuff like that in the first post, but I don't think that one is particularly offensive compared to others. It actually looks clean for a spot that dangerous and there's a reasonable sized crowd there. I don't doubt though that it's stupid and unnecessary. 

Someone posted a powerbomb from a ladder through a table spot where the guy taking the bump got straight back up, ate a pile driver and then still kicked out. That's far worse. 

The dvd is stupid in that it's a needless risk but the powebomb is much more egregious. At least with the DVD it looks like they let it settle in for the crowd and sell it accordingly (although it wouldn't supprise me if I found out it wasn't the finish) but that powebomb with the no sell was beyond stupid in a different yet somehow more offensive way. 

And that bit of living dangerously is up there. New Jack yanking the fatty off the scaffolding was doomed to end badly. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Undefeated Steak said:

It was me, and it was of the worlds greatest wrestler, in his own mind, Lio Rush

• Paid Members

This one always gets my vote for stupidest spot. Anything that high impact, where the first thing to hit the mat is your opponents face was never going to end well.

The video cuts out just before the ref hesitates to count the 3, because this wasn't even intended as the finish.

• Paid Members

The Moonsault Styles Clash is bad because Mike Sydal didn't want to take it but Spyral did it anyway. It knocked him out, gave him a serious concussion, broke his thumb and put him on the shelf for a while.

Another guy in the match, Devon Moore, was selling on the outside and all he could hear was Mike repeatedly saying "No no no, don't do it!". 

Spyral was put in a wheelchair a few years later after landing badly on a 630 and then died soon after.

Man, the board is depressing today.