Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

I've always felt mixed about O'Sullivan. He's the greatest of all time and makes it look so easy, but I've never been able to get behind him as he comes across as such a nasty little man. I'm still hoping for a Trump win but it's all about this afternoons session. It's hard to imagine Ronnie letting such a lead slip but it's not over yet.

6 minutes ago, deathrey said:

@Magnum MilanoI think Ronnie said similar in an interview to Eurosport (which I didn't see, just heard them talking about it on TV).

Yup, he's been guilty of it in the past (an incident where Michaela Tabb warned him) and that was caught on camera and he was bang to rights.  Considering how adamant he was towards Olivier and the fact that nothing has yet surfaced makes me believe that nothing happened and the ref thought he saw something he didn't.

8 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

I've always felt mixed about O'Sullivan. He's the greatest of all time and makes it look so easy, but I've never been able to get behind him as he comes across as such a nasty little man. I'm still hoping for a Trump win but it's all about this afternoons session. It's hard to imagine Ronnie letting such a lead slip but it's not over yet.

Yet spends Christmas Day working in food shelters helping to feed the homeless. In fact I'd hazard a guess he does more than pretty much any other Snooker player when it comes to helping out others.

• Paid Members

He's amazing to watch play, but he always comes across away from the table like a nob in interviews and the like. That I can ignore, I just don't watch those bits with him anymore, but when he's being a bellend at the table it takes the shine off watching one of the best play and the final of the tournament which as a viewer is frustrating. 

Edited by Tommy!

34 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

Yup, he's been guilty of it in the past (an incident where Michaela Tabb warned him) and that was caught on camera and he was bang to rights.  Considering how adamant he was towards Olivier and the fact that nothing has yet surfaced makes me believe that nothing happened and the ref thought he saw something he didn't.

Yet spends Christmas Day working in food shelters helping to feed the homeless. In fact I'd hazard a guess he does more than pretty much any other Snooker player when it comes to helping out others.

No doubt he does plenty of good. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on the guy but he really does come across as an unpleasant guy to be around. Who knows what he's like away from the TV cameras but there's been plenty of times where he seems to just want to pick an argument for no reason. He tried it with Mark Allen last year who then destroyed him on the table. 

But despite some of his annoying fans shouting out, he's great for snooker and totally deserving of a seventh world title. He's the best ever to play the game. I just hope Trump can pick things up a bit as a close finish to the match would be great to watch.

I'm still a sucker for Ronnie.

Snooker's generally such an anaesthetising experience that I think it magnifies both his entertainment value and his flaws. In so many other fields he'd just be an ordinary bloke with no filter, a history of mental health issues and a bit of an irritable side but stick that in snooker and you suddenly end up with their Liam Gallagher box office draw whereas realistically his likely not the rockstar or the tradition upending, unsportsmanlike wraith both sides of the divide have made him out to be. 

Last night's session was uncomfortable after the confrontation which is a shame for the game, and soured the viewing experience, but as Magnum's alluded to it's the morning after and there doesn't seem to be any evidence yet of what he done. The ref created the sideshow. 

What a fascinating afternoon session. Judd just going for it and the limited time on the table seemed to make every shot of Ronnie's look like a real battle.

Got a great final session lined up and these last couple of hours of preparation are what's the most interesting for me, and we'll never see any of it.

That was quite emotional seeing the two hug at the end, and a lot of humility from Ronnie. A worthy winner this year. He was incredible over the two weeks.

Also, Judd Trump is a lovely boy isn't he? I hope he wins loads in his career.

Greatest sporting event over for another year then.

His whining about not feeling it, being bored etc, is frustrating and makes me scream at the telly to give up then! Then he plays, and he is absolutely unreal. He has got to be up there with one of the best British sportspeople of all time. Mercurial. 

A superstar. Watching Ronnie is one of the most roller coaster experiences in sport. Its all drama all the time. The hug at the end was brilliant. It clearly meant a lot to Ronnie to play Trump in a final and win. I hope we get a few more finals with them as Trump is brilliant when he gets going.

A shame its over now! What am I going to sneak watch during work now?!