Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

It’s felt like the noughties all over again with O’Sullivan, Higgins and Williams all in the semi finals.  Absolutely gripping matches as well so far.

The Ronnie ball cleaning is annoying me - just use the new chalk if you’re worried about kicks.

I've never seen Higgins get so angry as he did when he banged his cue on the floor earlier. I can understand why though. He was getting into a good rhythm and that one miss on the red into the middle pocket, it was likely his last chance of overtaking and winning the match. 

O'Sullivan looks to have found the correct mindset and looks pretty unstoppable but I wouldn't count Trump out in the slightest. Trump normally steps up against O'Sullivan and has a good record against him. I'd love Williams to get to the final but it's looking like O'Sullivan vs Trump. That really could end up being one of the best finals ever.

18 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Gutted for Williams. Him and Ronnie would have been my Rock/Austin final. 

What an incredible match. 

Agreed I was pulling for Williams in the match as well.

Loved in the post match interview with Williams "Do you think Trump can go all the way?" Answer: "I've been asked some stupid questions in my time, of course he can".

Must say the idea of a Trump and (hopefully) O'Sullivan final is very appealing.

Edited by LSM

Ronnie’s no fucks given interview in the BBC studio was hilarious, basically saying he’d rather be anywhere else than playing at the Worlds and couldn’t be arsed. Nothing new obviously but still.

Not sure about this “class of ‘92” moniker. I don’t think you can just nick it from another sport like that, it just feels like they’re trying to force the narrative because…they think it sounds cool? 

I know snooker isn't a very physical sport so you should be able to have a longer career, but to still be at the very top of your sport, 30 years after turning professional, it's something that deserves to be celebrated. In relation to their own sport, I'd say they're more deserving of the class of 92 term.

It's going to be a great final. I'm more on the side of Trump. He's just an unbelievable player and is too good to not win more than one world title. But it would also be very special to see Ronnie win a seventh world title. That put him at 7 world, UK and Masters titles. That's a ridiculous record. 

Sorry if I’ve come across a bit negative, it’s been such a joy to watch the bits I’ve caught. The Trump-Williams match was an epic. O’Sullivan was incredible in his semi-final. I’ve loved it. Even my wife has been getting into it. Will be trying to watch the final in between child-rearing, cooking and cleaning for the next two days! 

The commentators on Eurosport said it was due to Ronnie making a hand gesture after failing to get out of the snooker, Ronne said he didn't make any hand gesture. There doesn't appear to be any camera footage of it.

Edited by deathrey

3 minutes ago, deathrey said:

The commentators on Eurosport said it was due to Ronnie making a hand gesture after failing to get out of the snooker, Ronne said he didn't make any hand gesture. There doesn't appear to be any camera footage of it.

Has Ronnie said he has been mic’d up throughout as he is doing a Netflix doc?

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Has Ronnie said he has been mic’d up throughout as he is doing a Netflix doc?

To be honest, I've not really seen many of his interviews so I have no idea. But that is interesting, I didnt know that.

• Paid Members

Ronnie is such a moody cunt. They need to shut down that kind of behaviour towards the referee - by giving him a soft warning and not following up with a fine, they're effectively enabling it. Rightly or wrongly, it would be clamped down in any other sport.

...It's a shame he's such an insufferable penis when it comes to his moods, because my God he's wonderful to watch. There's nobody else in the history of the game that makes everything look so effortless. There are many fantastic pros now, Judd being one of them. But apart from when Judd busts out some of his physics-defying shots, Ronnie's untouchable in the speed and fluency stakes. 

14 hours ago, deathrey said:

Considering how many cameras they have on the match, not to mention people filming on their phones, surely if there was some sort of hand gesture it would have come to light instantly after the event, yet here we are 24-hours later and nothing anywhere.