The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

After grunting and muttering under his breath like Joe Pesci in Home Alone last week, I can only assume the reason Tama Tonga was crawling this week was because he’d just been hit in the face with a paint can by Kevin McCallister.

It's been a long time since I've been into American sports, so I've sort of forgotten how drafts work. Do the people responsible for drafting people typically face consequences for drafting duds?

If so, and they want to stick to legit draft principles in their make believe world, Nick Aldis wants arresting (and possibly executing) for drafting Carmelo Hayes at Number One.

Absolutely useless. Useless on the mic, presented as being fairly useless in the ring despite being able to do SPRINGBOARDS, and is short with shoulders so narrow that he looks like even now he'd be only fairly tricky to give birth to.

In the bin, mate.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

IMG_8323.jpeg.b842ddb4c700c66fcbe70603b6d114c5.jpeg

Never trust a man retiring in a pastel jacket! A famous saying as old as time.

It’s cool to have something named after you. Like the Pillmanizer when someone breaks an ankle with a chair. We now have someone being, “Mark Henry’d.” Oh, Cody. Did you not notice the jacket?!

It was nowhere near as good as the Henry one, but you can’t begrudge them repeating one of the great angles. I’ve never felt older than discovering it was ten years ago. I’m so old!

Always funny to be reminded Gallows and Anderson exist, too. Saw a report yesterday that the lowest contract in WWE is $350,000. So between them those wastes of space are costing the company SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. Unbelievable. May as well pour money straight into a bin.

Frankly, I wanted AJ’s announcement to be that he’s cutting his hair and becoming good again. When they kept showing the graphic of him throughout the years, it solidified that he’s gotten shitter the longer he’s grew out his barnet.

For a split second, I thought he was going to hit the Styles Clash on the steps, which scared the shit out of me. Imagine this company if Cody broke his neck. Thank God he jumped off, on to the floor! 

In other news, Carmelo Hayes continues to unimpress. Mixing his words up, LA Knight eating his lunch once again. Knight is him. Hayes is not him.

They’ve bottled it with the QR Code stuff again. They always start with cheeky, tiny references, rewarding the viewer for noticing them. But as we get closer to the inevitable debut? Just fill the entire fucking screen with it, for the morons in the back. I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.

IMG_8324.thumb.jpeg.80f822f9cb4cc7ea69640fd2268fe11e.jpeg

I still have zero faith in the Wyatt 6 working. It’s the worst stuff in the industry, now in the hands of  much inferior talent. Keep in mind. All this for fucking Bo Dallas and friends.

Waller and Theory already teasing ANIMOSITY. They absolutely love bitchy in-fighting, don’t they? Does anyone get along for a significant period of time in this company?

Bloodline Wolfpack continues to carry this show post-Wrestlemania. Those, “We want Roman!” chants hit like crack. That babyface return is going to be an all timer moment. All Vinny Mac ever wanted. Hopefully he can watch it from prison.

Edited by Supremo
Bacon and eggs.

Cody is clearly not a student of the game if he didn't see this one coming. It was still (kinda) exciting to watch it happen, not that it was ever gonna be as good as the Mark Henry classic. But it's always better when the good guy is smart, so they should have somehow added in some sort of scepticism coming from the champ.

For reference, I know Sting got turned on a bunch of times back in the day but never saw them at the time, so don't know if they were much more obvious. I think Sting did alright for himself in the end, though...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

They’ve bottled it with the QR Code stuff again. They always start with cheeky, tiny references, rewarding the viewer for noticing them. But as we get closer to the inevitable debut? Just fill the entire fucking screen with it, for the morons in the back.

IMG_8324.thumb.jpeg.80f822f9cb4cc7ea69640fd2268fe11e.jpeg

I still have zero faith in the Wyatt 6 working. It’s the worst stuff in the industry, now in the hands of  much inferior talent. Keep in mind. All this for fucking Bo Dallas and friends.

These days, I tend to read reports of TV and watch PPVs (due to time restrictions and not having TNT) and I was genuinely astounded last Saturday when Cole not only acknowledged the QR code that appeared during someone's entrance, but really hammered it home along the lines of "Hey look Corey, it's one of those weird QR codes that's been appearing and linking to all sorts of unusual videos. I wonder what this one might reveal?" They weren't even that on the nose with this kind of stuff in the prior era! 

But, taking the role of a tragically deceased star and transferring it to his less talented little brother always works out for the best. At least I think that was one of the messages of The Iron Claw. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

For reference, I know Sting got turned on a bunch of times back in the day but never saw them at the time, so don't know if they were much more obvious. I think Sting did alright for himself in the end, though...

Firstly, the phrase 'so-and-so got turned on a lot' always makes me go 'Oooo-er!' but that's whet you get for spending your formative years watching Bottom.

However, in response your post I remember the most obvious one being Halloween Havoc 95. Sting and Flair v Pillman and Anderson. I'm sure I remember fans cheering when Flair lamped him because everybody could see from a mile off that Ric was going to turn on him. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Firstly, the phrase 'so-and-so got turned on a lot' always makes me go 'Oooo-er!' but that's whet you get for spending your formative years watching Bottom.

However, in response your post I remember the most obvious one being Halloween Havoc 95. Sting and Flair v Pillman and Anderson. I'm sure I remember fans cheering when Flair lamped him because everybody could see from a mile off that Ric was going to turn on him. 

Luger used to betray Sting a fair bit as well. Mind you, Luger betrays everybody eventually. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

The build up was excruciating. Even Sting knew it was coming and fell for it anyway.

• Paid Members
On 6/1/2024 at 8:57 AM, Statto said:

But, taking the role of a tragically deceased star and transferring it to his less talented little brother always works out for the best. 

MV5BN2JmZTVhNDctMmJiMi00ZjBiLThhYWYtNmFhNWM2ZDNjZDc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDk3NzU2MTQ@._V1_.thumb.jpg.0d1f584677f79d4bc875b34aa5f6dc85.jpg