The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

At the very least, she should be suspended. And told to say sorry to Jade, Yes. 

My understanding is she posted it without listening to it, heard it and then deleted it. If that's the case then she should not face any repercussions in my opinion. It was something she shared without realising it was offensive and she deleted it as soon as she realised, It happens and is certainly not a sackable offence.

If she posted it knowing full well what was said then, yes, she should be spoken to and action should be taken. Obviously, that should include an apology to Jade but I've been seeing calls for her to be fired and blacklisted which is absolutely ridiculous. If it was part of a pattern of behaviour then, yes, there is an issue there. If it's a one off then, seriously, people need to get some perspective. I would imagine those that work with her know her better than any of us. 

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

My understanding is she posted it without listening to it, heard it and then deleted it. If that's the case then she should not face any repercussions in my opinion. It was something she shared without realising it was offensive and she deleted it as soon as she realised, It happens and is certainly not a sackable offence.

What was so “😂😂😂😂😂😂” about the clip to her in that case?

If she posted it knowing full well what was said then, yes, she should be spoken to and action should be taken. Obviously, that should include an apology to Jade but I've been seeing calls for her to be fired and blacklisted which is absolutely ridiculous. If it was part of a pattern of behaviour then, yes, there is an issue there. If it's a one off then, seriously, people need to get some perspective. I would imagine those that work with her know her better than any of us. 

I don't think I agree with this.

Hers is a massive platform, provided to her by the WWE and she has a responsibility as an ambassador for the company to be watchful of what she puts out into the world.

All we know for fact is that she put something racist out using a WWE created platform. Whether she listened to it or not is complete conjecture.

And - completely unsurprisingly from the WWE - they've decided that racism isn't necessarily a red line for them.

If someone put out an Instagram story where the audio said 'HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED IS A MASSIVE RAPEY DEMON SHITHOUSE' though, I doubt 'didn't listen to it, guv' would save them a few weeks on the bench.

Posted (edited)

I don't know about sacking her, but creating a strike system with racism feels pretty mad. Surely one incident, if completely innocent, is enough for some time off TV to think about your responsibilities as a public personality.

I just can't get over 'didn't listen to it, soz' working. That's over 500k Insta followers she's got, who'll be WWE provided eyeballs (and crucially ears), hearing that and then getting the subsequent message that it's fine, no harm no foul.

Silly industry.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Why would she post a video without listening to it? It was on instagram right? Or are we saying she shared a video and didn’t upload it herself?

To be fair, it could be genuine. She reposted a video to her stories from a fan account of someone smacking Jade in the mouth.

A lot of people do use Insta, particularly stories, without the sound on, so I'm not necessarily saying she's lying. I'm saying it doesn't really matter.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

To be fair, it could be genuine. She reposted a video to her stories from a fan account of someone smacking Jade in the mouth.

A lot of people do use Insta, particularly stories, without the sound on, so I'm not necessarily saying she's lying. I'm saying it doesn't really matter.

That’s why I asked, because everything I’d seen suggested it wasn’t a re-post, but yes it makes sense if that’s what happened. Still wrong and she should be taken to task for it.

• Paid Members

I Was Bored — BHVR

I buy the explanation that she didn't listen to it. It doesn't appear to be the "shopping for tractors" crock of shit people people resort to when they know the games up. Based on how the platform works it's entirely plausible, and I have a hard time believing that somebody in her position would think that's acceptable, although it does happen. 

That doesn't mean she's off the hook though. If I'm posting anything on a platform where I'm identifiable, I'll take reasonable steps to make sure I'm willing to stand by the content. If a member of my staff done something like this on the company account, the fact that they didn't check it was appropriate would be pertinent. As for the consequences, there are few things as contentious or as serious as racism. That being said, I think an outcome that doesn't involve her losing her job would be more beneficial to everyone concerned, and race relations more generally. 

Posted (edited)

Solo Sikoa. Solo Sik-whoah more like.

What a dreamboat 💕 

He'll stick his thumb in your throat, then stick his thumb in your girlfriend.*

Seriously, he looks like a murderous lothario. A Samoan Scarface. He looks exactly like how I imagine someone in his position would look. He looks as if he can't believe his luck that Roman has gone awol, has seized the throne but secretly has imposter syndrome and is just playing the part of a mob boss.

They need to really lean into the impact the 'We Want Roman' chants have on him.

I'd fucking love it if he ends up, out of sheer paranoia, sacking off Paul Heyman and bringing in his own wise man... Bischoff or something.

A hundred stars.

I don't see the vision with Carmelo Hayes. LA Knight absolutely had his child size pants down in the backstage promo, and then he loses again.

In the history of wrestling, I don't think 'new blood's have ever got properly over by coming to the main show and being immediately competitive with the big boys but ultimately losing.

Zero stars.

*Sorry, but to be fair there was a far crasser way of making that joke. If anything, you should be thanking me for taking the high road.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

10 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I Was Bored — BHVR

Sorry. I should have put 'She's clearly a massive racist. I mean, look at her, she's white and blonde! I bet she's a Trump supporter too! Fire her! In fact, arrest her.'

Damn me for trying to look at things with some perspective. I won't do it again and can only offer my sincere apologies for doing so.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Sorry. I should have put 'She's clearly a massive racist. I mean, look at her, she's white and blonde! I bet she's a Trump supporter too! Fire her! In fact, arrest her.'

Damn me for trying to look at things with some perspective. I won't do it again and can only offer my sincere apologies for doing so.

You said that if it wasn't intentional, it certainly wasn't a sackable offence, and if it was intentional, firing her would be ridiculous.

At what point would firing someone for racism be an appropriate action? Would they have to be using the n-word regularly and refusing to apologise after being repeatedly warned not to?