Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

Just finished watching the bits I was interested in there (Miz/Shane, Brock/Rollins, Bryan/Kofi, Angle's sendoff,  HHH/Big Dave, and the main event)

Thought all of the above were good. Sad to see Angle not losing to someone decent on his way out, and the fact that he could barely lift his arms for his entrance. Kofi/Bryan was outstanding, a credit to all involved. The main event was a bit sloppy and let down by the cop out, awkward finish. Becky/Ronda was 100% the match that should have been presented, but still delighted Becky got the big win.

Couldn't pay me enough to sit through all the other guff on the rest of the show.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You can tell everyone's knackered from this event by the fact that almost nobody is talking about the fact it featured a spot where somebody had their nose ring pulled out.

That was great. Although it was abit obvious big Dave was doing the pulling. Like the spot where he put the chain around his own neck.

That article Daz posted is mental. It's hard to believe there are sites that give credence to opinion that daft. WWE have loads of talented young guys and girls. But its clear week to week that they're not carrying shows this big on their own. 

The irony will be in ten years they'll be crying about stars of the past like Bryan, Balor and Rollins popping in for one match a year.

• Paid Members

The Angle match should have been the full smoke and mirrors greatest hits to cover for Kurt. If ever a match needed random jobbers running in to get suplexed and Team Angle running down in snazzy tracksuits, it was this. 

Total waste of an opportunity. 

15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don’t think I’ve seen anything since last years mania but Charlotte Flair is sensational, looked every inch a main eventer. 

I reckon purposefully doing a Triple H 2003 reign of terror type deal with her would work wonders for a long term legacy. Which they're clearly desperate to have her be the first woman to set up with anyway. 

I'm not even convinced the reign of terror was that bad for the game, long term. It's the Cinderella slipper of his long term legacy. Totally just a piece of his narrative now. 

Where the fuck else was Raw going in 2003, long term. RVD and Booker T main eventing WrestleMania XX? Get real. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don’t think I’ve seen anything since last years mania but Charlotte Flair is sensational, looked every inch a main eventer. 

She clearly is. Doesn't mean she should have been. Triple H was magnificent in 2001. WrestleMania main event was still very obviously Austin and The Rock. Don't need to overcomplicate shit.

Edit: Triple H was not magnificent in 2003!

39 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Edit: Triple H was not magnificent in 2003!

Course not. He was dog rough. 

Sign of the times. Met his brilliant end tapping out to            . 

• Paid Members

Just watched most of it- well the matches I wanted to watch which was basically up to and including the WWE title match plus the main event. Oh, and I watched the Joe/Rey match but only because I knew it lasted a minute. Shame that, was really looking forward to their match.

Brock VS Seth was alright, much prefer this booking of the match than a 20 minute Brock suplex showcase. Good start.

Styles VS Orton was good. Orton usually delivers in the ring, but he still bores me in general. 

Really enjoyed the tag title match, everyone involved can go and there were some nice little spots- especially the swing + Sheamus chest clubs spot.

Shane VS Miz was loads of fun! It made me realise how much I miss the falls count anywhere matches that were a regular staple of the Attitude era. Ok they were done to death at the time, but you hardly get them these days. I'd love to see some hardcore matches more often in the late 90s/early 2000s mould. That bump Shane took over the top of that golf cart was fucking nasty.

Women's tag title match was ok. Nothing great but inoffensive. Glad the IIconics won, I know they have their haters but they entertain me more than most of the roster.

Kofi VS Bryan was ace, very good match. Genuinely surprised Kofi won, and why the hell not. Can see him losing it VERY quickly, maybe even tonight. Big E to turn on him? He put in a great shift but my god Bryan is fantastic. He put on a clinic.

Nothing really to say about Joe VS Mysterio and I didn't watch the next four matches as I wasn't fussed about them anyway and the reviews haven't convinced me otherwise. Triple H VS Batista going longer than any other match doesn't surprise me. Fuck watching that. I did briefly stop fast forwarding when I got to Angle VS Corbin, took one look at that fucking waste of space in his black shirt and trousers and shouted across to my friend "Just look at the state of that, why is he even in there" and then skipped the match.

The main event was good and as Loki mentioned, it looked like they were fighting for those titles. Charlotte looks like a megastar, Ronda is a freak of nature to be performing at this level only ONE YEAR after her debut and Becky made sure we got the happy go-home (whilst looking strangely like a ginger Alexa Bliss).

Not a complaint, more an observation, but they really went to town with the feel good finishes didn't they? A lot of babyface wins, especially in the big matches.

It was alright. Not the best Mania, not the worst and yet again not as good as Takeover.

2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

She’s head and shoulders above every full-time talent. Absolutely radiates superstar presence. I was never a fan of Ric, apart from the Old Loon/Old Perv days towards the end of his career, but she’s well and truly established herself as phenomenal.

3 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

She’s head and shoulders above every full-time talent. Absolutely radiates superstar presence. I was never a fan of Ric, apart from the Old Loon/Old Perv days towards the end of his career, but she’s well and truly established herself as phenomenal.

Yep, that's what I was aiming for!  She just seemed so "Big Time"

Loved, loved, loved the Kofi/Bryan match - what a great story with the right pay off! Thought it was a good show overall but then again I was more rested than anyone who watched it live. 

Echo most thoughts about the length, I started watching this evening and am only just done...

Also big up the Iiconics - that was great too.

EDIT - Just remembered how shit and distracting the camera cuts during entrances with fireworks were, decide on one angle (hopefully one including the wrestling in question marching down the ramp) and stick to it. It was really annoying me once I noticed.

Archived