Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Thinking about it, since they never properly gave us the match, my dream match for next year's Wrestlemania is now Ronda vs. Becky one-on-one.

Let Becky hold the belt(s) for a year, bring Ronda back to win The Rumble, start it all over again and do it properly.

Edited by Supremo

Brock Lesnar. What a man! Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s demanded going on first, while the crowd are still alive and excited, after going on last, last year and the match being so massively shit on. Which he clearly wasn’t happy about. He was inside Sable by the time Kofi was WWE Champion.

Speaking of Kofi being WWE Champion, amazing! I was completely fooled by the result of Rollins/Lesnar with them going on first. And as a result of that was completely fooled by the result of Kofi/Bryan. Along with Big E and his gift for after the match, which had heel turn written all over it. So glad it wasn’t. They got me, i shed a tear. And that’s all down to how genuinely thrilled Big E and Woods are for him and over the whole thing. Genuinely feel good, heart-warming stuff.

Batista is also one hell of a man. Love him. The bloke is fucking 50! Mental. Got a proper chuckle at him tripping, but brushing it off completely and totally getting away of it...only to be told Trippers ain’t ready, fill for time, so he does and takes the piss out of himself and does his entrance again. Tremendous. Is he done now though? I’d have quite liked something to be set up between him and Reigns on Raw.

Did anyone else think Brock looked a little...juicy?!

With that, and how heavily they’ve leaned into the ‘Vegas meetings’, I’m absolutely expecting Brock to return in the next couple of weeks and waffle Seth Rollins into next week.

3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Did anyone else think Brock looked a little...juicy?!

With that, and how heavily they’ve leaned into the ‘Vegas meetings’, I’m absolutely expecting Brock to return in the next couple of weeks and waffle Seth Rollins into next week.

I'd be surprised. He's being really strongly linked to a UFC fight with Cormier in August, and it's been confirmed he's been in the USADA testing pool for a decent while, hence why he's trimmed down a lot. I also caught note of Heyman announcing him as 265lbs, the UFC heavyweight division weight limit.

To continue with the Balor discussion, and the whole "demon" persona - my biggest issue is that there seems to be no rationale as to why he doesn't use it all the time. If it's so powerful as we've seen on television and PPV, why doesn't he just use it every single match, even if he's against shit like Curt Hawkings? It doesn't make sense, because they've never presented any drawback to using it, so why doesn't he just whack his paint on every night? Someone pointed out on Twitter as well he didn't bother to paint up for Brock, but he was happy to do so for Lashley!

6 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

To continue with the Balor discussion, and the whole "demon" persona - my biggest issue is that there seems to be no rationale as to why he doesn't use it all the time. 

It’d take too long to get his Lazarou paint on every night, and he’s only allowed use of the smoke machine on special occasions. 

7 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

I'd be surprised. He's being really strongly linked to a UFC fight with Cormier in August, and it's been confirmed he's been in the USADA testing pool for a decent while, hence why he's trimmed down a lot. I also caught note of Heyman announcing him as 265lbs, the UFC heavyweight division weight limit.

To continue with the Balor discussion, and the whole "demon" persona - my biggest issue is that there seems to be no rationale as to why he doesn't use it all the time. If it's so powerful as we've seen on television and PPV, why doesn't he just use it every single match, even if he's against shit like Curt Hawkings? It doesn't make sense, because they've never presented any drawback to using it, so why doesn't he just whack his paint on every night? Someone pointed out on Twitter as well he didn't bother to paint up for Brock, but he was happy to do so for Lashley!

that's like Goku going Super Saiyan for every fight... Just meaningless

I guess "It's wrestling" is the only explanation but fantasy booking wise i'd like them to say that when he wears transforms into the demon it takes all his energy and ages to recover (could be more poetical) then if you have him on Raw the next night have him sell how weak he is, he could've just about beaten Sami with the announcers stating how fucked he is from calling on the Demon. 

and yes totally agree him not using it against Brock is one of the biggest logic holes they've ever done and it has some stiff competition. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, simonworden said:

and yes totally agree him not using it against Brock is one of the biggest logic holes they've ever done and it has some stiff competition. 

Agreed. The nearfalls would have been slightly more believable with "he's never lost as the Demon" in play.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Maybe it was the lack of sleep combined with being pissed as a fart, but for the first 10 seconds of that baseball video package I was convinced it was CM Punk returning. Then my mate told me to stop being a twat and I came to my senses.

There were a few seconds when it first cut in that I thought, "fucking hell, this isn't about to turn into Cult of Personality, is it?!". I never thought it would actually be Punk, but part of me thought they were teasing it. 

Then when it was clearly footage of Babe Ruth, I actually sent a message to the missus saying, "fuck, better not be Hogan". 

8 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

To continue with the Balor discussion, and the whole "demon" persona - my biggest issue is that there seems to be no rationale as to why he doesn't use it all the time. 

I can't remember if they ever actually justified this or I made it up, but the Demon is the dark side of his personality that he's able to channel into something productive. But if he used it all the time, that dark side would take over. And he's a happy smiley bloke who plays with Lego, he doesn't want that.

Just a thought with Lesnar and the references to Vegas (and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere) - isn't the next AEW show in Vegas?

Slowly getting back to normal after getting back to the UK early yesterday morning. Mania seemed to fly by, watching it live. Stand-out moments were Kofi winning, the opener and my favourite moment was the Iiconics. I always love seeing genuine emotion when people win titles and their reactions were so genuine and real, it warmed the very cockles of my heart.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Just a thought with Lesnar and the references to Vegas (and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere) - isn't the next AEW show in Vegas?

Yes, but I doubt that's even crossed their minds.

The UFC are based in Las Vegas, and Heyman said he was going there where his client is "ultimately appreciated". 

11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Thinking about it, since they never properly gave us the match, my dream match for next year's Wrestlemania is now Ronda vs. Becky one-on-one.

Let Becky hold the belt(s) for a year, bring Ronda back to win The Rumble, start it all over again and do it properly.

No no no, would be much better at Summerslam rather than in the mess that is Wrestlemania, put it in front if a crowd that will react.

11 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Yes, but I doubt that's even crossed their minds.

The UFC are based in Las Vegas, and Heyman said he was going there where his client is "ultimately appreciated". 

Ah, cool. I've not had a chance to watch it back yet, but the line about Vegas stuck in my mind.