Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

38 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Surprised that Vince hasn't pitched Hogan saving Kofi and handing him the belt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vince thought about having Hogan recreate the ending of Wrestle-Mania 9, because Bryan and Kofi are both just B+ Players...

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I'd open with Rey/Joe tonight, think that would be a decent match to get the crowd going.

Card placement is going to be important for tonight to stop the crowd losing interest.

Whilst I agree, I reckon they’ll open with Miz v Shane.

Intrigued to see what ends up in the death spot before the women’s triple threat. Reckon it’ll be the RAW tag titles and it’ll get 5minutes tops hopefully with The Revival retaining because fuck Hawkins & Ryder

• Paid Members

AJ v Orton 
Joe v Rey
Lashley v Finn
Roman v Drew 

These 4 matches are proper cannon fodder. Take these 4 matches out and you've got a alright card with enough light stuff to break it up. Pray these matches don't get much time.

Those four matches just have no momentum - which is fine for multi-man tag sprints and whatever, but it can suck the life out when they’re long singles matches. The Balor one will hopefully be a  quick squash like SummerSlam. The other three, they’re all great wrestlers but it’s hard to care about the feuds and so it’s hard to see how they’ll rise above the level of a Raw/Smackdown match. Hopefully they do though!

• Paid Members

Yeah they do seem very thrown together. The US Title match, once it wasn't going to be Andrade Vs Rey and Joe got the title, really would have benefitted from being a four or five way bit of madness, much like the fast lane match. Rey/Joe/Andrade/Ali or something like that. 

Balor squashing Lashley will be fine, and the kind of short match that needs interspersed with the longer bouts. 

I understand wanting to do Orton Vs AJ as a singles, but it feels lost in the shuffle here. I'm surprised we never got the long series between them when AJ was champ. Or maybe we did and It's completely escaped me. 

Roman Vs Drew is strange as it should be a big deal but there's too much going on with this card. Maybe the right idea would have been to do Corbin Vs Reigns and have Reigns flatten him quickly. They can't do that with Drew though as he needs protecting, so it could suffer from being pretty cold going in and also being expected to go fairly long. 

• Paid Members

It's a shame about the length if it burns the crowd out but otherwise it doesn't bother me at all. Got no intention of ever watching Mania live again unless I finally go (next year hopefully). So I'll just put it on in the morning and skip all the stuff that I don't need to watch unspoiled, tell myself I'll watch it later and never watch it and never lose any sleep about it.

If we're honest, there are only about 5 Manias that shouldn't be digested that way anyway!

Archived