Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Really enjoyed that on the whole. 

The Bret stuff really had me worried when the feed cut to black. Honestly, though the dick head had stabbed him or something. Bret is my favorite of all time and was hanging on his every word at the time too. 

Also really enjoyed the DX stuff too, although it went a bit cringey sometimes. I did genuinely laugh out loud at HHH's "Piss Ant" comment to Gunn about AEW and Trips' and Michaels' spot with the glasses. I did think the portion of X-Pac's bit with the boob pics jarred a bit, especially with the company championing and bigging up the fact that the women will main event 'Mania tonight. 

• Paid Members

I'm all for them making it a closed shop if they choose to do that going forward. The only two things I'd say to that are that there are also a lot of fans that go who do act in a respectful way and the actions of a mindless few shouldn't mean they all get tarred with the same brush, and the other thing is that it gives the inductees a chance to have one last meaningful crowd interaction. I didn't actually mind the idea of them putting the stage in the ring as such and you could see the idea behind it in allowing some of the old timers one last proper entrance with the full works. A good idea in practice but I think as a minimum they'll return to the traditional stage setup, which on reflection does look better. 

• Paid Members

Just reading some news items on the attack, and it looks like the coward actually laid at least one punch on Bret too. What a sad, cowardly cunt his must be. Tackling a 61 year old man from behind, and laying into him. A bloke who suffered a career-ending and life-threatening stroke, and was told that any "bumps" he took could cause huge damage to him and could even be fatal. 

Reports saying he's been charged with "two counts of assault, one count of trespassing and a misdemeanor charge"(think the site I saw this on was WrestlingInc, but I don't know how reliable they are). If true, I hope they throw the book at him...

• Paid Members

All should be commended for how they handled that. Bret is very lucky Travis and Shane were quick to react before that idiot got any shots in, if he was planning it. Browne, Shane, Smith and Wilder got it sorted. Bret too did a brilliant job laughing it off and getting the show back on track - even if his hair wasn't.

The new format and look was pretty good, but even that couldn't save that awful Hogan/Brutus section.

DX were a laugh, which was a surprise.

• Paid Members

The Bret thing took away from one of the all time worst speeches in Hall of Fame history, by Igor from Count Duckula. Beefcake a rambling mess. Got to stop putting dullards in the Hall of Fame. When you are putting on a network special, the inductions should be based on who is going to be entertaining. Surprised Hogan didnt do the speech for him.

Were is Sue Atchinson from I picked up a British accent possibly? Random I know but curious.

The Bret incident was awful, total coward to attack him especially with Natalya in the ring who was representing her dad. He's lucky to have gotten out the ring alive but nice show of respect that as many wrestlers jumped to Brets defense. Was there no security?

If what I saw of Spud there was correct, and my tired old eyes may well be playing tricks on me, it looked like he was attempting to mediate a little, get in between the assailant and the huge and angry wrestlers, perhaps in an attempt to avoid a very public murder. If so, what an absolute hero!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The Bret thing took away from one of the all time worst speeches in Hall of Fame history, by Igor from Count Duckula. Beefcake a rambling mess. Got to stop putting dullards in the Hall of Fame. When you are putting on a network special, the inductions should be based on who is going to be entertaining. Surprised Hogan didnt do the speech for him.

Struttin’ and Pluckin’, brother! 

26EA1E98-FD02-49C1-88F0-060AA81C2002.jpeg

• Paid Members

This is everything I want from the Hall of Fame. I don't care about the speeches. I just want to see these guys pissing about and showing the personality they're not allowed to have on the main shows.

Some bits you won't have seen one the Network :

Everyone had a teleprompter for their speech, aside from Cena, Harlem Heat and DX. 

Not everyone gave Hogan a standing ovation in the crowd. I didn't, and quite a few people around me didn't. 

There were a lot of empty seats. 

I think they only went with this set-up because they changed the order of the shows due to the Roh MSG would have clashed with NXT. If the Hall had been on Friday, I think it would have been the old stage set-up and the ring ready for Saturday night instead. 

The ring invader was scary as hell. He came from the right hand side of the stage and hit to the ring in seconds. I think he ran through from the concourse and was in the ring in five seconds. That Revival punch was a belter, and got a massive cheer. 

Biggest cheer of the night (apart from the wrestlers kicking the morons head in) was Waltmans line about the Women's battle Royal being named after Chyna, when Cena appeared and the Miz /Shane bit which was funny as hell. 

Sue Atchison - she sounded British at times in her speech. If so, is she the first British inductee? 

The continual mentions of Hogan began to jar. Apart from DX and the Hart Foundation, I think everyone thanked him or talked about his role in their career.

Archived