Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

Feels a bit off shoving Luna in the Legacy class, have the times moved on that far?

Already inducting one dead woman this year, and struggling to think who you’d get to talk about her as her inductee, unless it’s Gangrel, assuming he leaves his crisps alone for long enough

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, bigfoote said:

Feels a bit off shoving Luna in the Legacy class, have the times moved on that far?

It's even more off shoving Wahoo and Buddy Rose into it. 

• Paid Members

Luna going into the Legacy Wing is naff, considering that the Legacy Wing was intended for "pioneers from the early days of professional wrestling" - looking at previous years, it's mostly people who's heyday is pre-1970, at least.

They've got a ton of footage available of Luna, she's well liked and respected in the industry, and they could easily find someone on the current roster to induct her, and Gangrel and her extended family to accept on her behalf. 

Wahoo McDaniel not being in already is mental.

• Paid Members

The Luna thing is a little off but honestly, I don't blame them. I mean from a PR POV anyway, obviously they're culpable for the fact there are tons of dead wrestlers who wouldn't even be in their 60s now but if I was in their shoes, I'd do as much sweeping under the carpet as possible.

Agree with Butchi, the standouts on that list aren't Luna. It's astonishing Wahoo doesn't get the bells and whistles, especially with the calibre of guys you would get to go up there and accept with his family.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, seriously? Brody's one of the most deserving Hall of Famers there is, and while I can see why they wouldn't want to draw attention to his death because it makes wrestling look sleazy and horrible, it's one that at least can't be remotely tied to WWE, and that they should be able to discuss with some distance. If they're happy to release whole DVDs about the Von Erichs, there shouldn't be any problem with them celebrating Brody.

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Never win a match get title shots at the grandest stage of them all.

To be fair; there have been some good backstage skits online wanting that "one chance". It's like the (Mustafa) Ali one the other day; some of the best skits are online only and get missed. There has been some good character development. There was one where they said the only Team to win the championship 11 years apart where the Hardyz, and that was their aim.

Lets be honest, Hawkins was pretty over at the Rumble and that's a similar crowd to this weekend. With a Wrestlemania crowd; it might be time to 'break the streak', which given 30 and 34 would be nice to see a losing streak broken. If the skits between Hawkins and Ryder had been on WWE TV, there might have been a better build here. I'd at least thought they would be in a multi man, but screw it. I'm an unashamed Ryder fan. He'll never be World Champion, but a legit Tag Team can only be a good thing.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Fucking hell, seriously? Brody's one of the most deserving Hall of Famers there is, and while I can see why they wouldn't want to draw attention to his death because it makes wrestling look sleazy and horrible, it's one that at least can't be remotely tied to WWE, and that they should be able to discuss with some distance. If they're happy to release whole DVDs about the Von Erichs, there shouldn't be any problem with them celebrating Brody.

Yup. Here's a list I saw elsewhere.

Bruiser Brody

-Wahoo McDaniel

-Luna Vachon

-SD Jones

-Professor Toru Tanaka

-Primo Carnera

-Joseph Cohen (MSG Network founder)

-Hisashi Shinma (former WWF President)

-"Playboy" Buddy Rose

SPECIAL DELIVERY JONES

2 hours ago, Killjoy_Gee said:

To be fair; there have been some good backstage skits online wanting that "one chance". It's like the (Mustafa) Ali one the other day; some of the best skits are online only and get missed.

Also, The Revival got to choose their opponents and chose Hawkins and Ryder because they want the easy win, which explains how Hawkins gets a title match.  He didn’t earn it, Revival are cocky dicks.  

I think both Wahoo and Brody had heat with the WWF office years ago, like 40 or more years ago but I can't see how that would be anything but water under the bridge at this point. Wahoo did make one appearance in the Vince Jr owned WWF when he and Chief Jay Strongbow presented Tatanka with the "sacred eagle feathers" that Rick Martel later destroyed. Brody was talking to WWF around the time he died and under consideration for a run with Hogan by all accounts.

It seems like the cut-off point for the pioneer era has been moved forwards greatly, I don't see anyone whose career peaked before the MNW era getting a proper induction from now on.

Archived