Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, CL Punk said:

Are the Raw Tag Titles being defended at WrestleMania 35?

I mean I know it's a stacked card, currently standing at fifteen matches but a match for the Raw Tag Titles doesn't seem to be one of them.

What would the match be?

Just chuck them into the Andre battle royal instead.

8 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

What would the match be?

Just chuck them into the Andre battle royal instead.

I would of liked a champion vs champion with The Revival vs. The Usos but The Usos have a fatal fourway match.

I've heard it might be The Revival vs. Hawkins and Ryder.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, CL Punk said:

I've heard it might be The Revival vs. Hawkins and Ryder.

I'm not looking to see more matches added to the show, but if you were ever going to payoff the whole Hawkins losing streak gimmick, Wrestlemania in (well near at least) New York seems like a no-brainer. That said, given it means nothing anyway, I'd have him win the battle royal if that's the route they're going.  

You'll still be bloody knackered, but what I did last year was watch the pre-show live then go to bed and watch the main card the next day after work - had a lot less fatigue than 32 and 33 that way. I get if you want to see everything live though, although surely you'd skip the pre-show if you were doing that? 

• Paid Members

I know this has probably been mentioned before in this thread but I can't be arsed reading through it all. What time is this likely to finish? 5am? I've been asked to do live commentary and want to know if I can survive the lack of kip.

30 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I know this has probably been mentioned before in this thread but I can't be arsed reading through it all. What time is this likely to finish? 5am? I've been asked to do live commentary and want to know if I can survive the lack of kip.

It’ll be between 4 and 5, yeah. At a guess, 4.40.

• Paid Members

Meltzer has spoken of the Raw Tag Titles being on the line, with The Revival defending against Ryder and Hawkins. Presumably, it'll be when they finally break Hawkin's losing streak. It's a cute idea but it's had zero build and the last thing Mania needs is yet another match. Hopefully, they put it on the following night's Raw instead. Seems the perfect place to do something like Hawkins finally winning.

It’s a difficult one to build, in terms of Hawkins getting a title shot without winning a match at all. They definitely could’ve done it, though, even some interactions with Hawkins taking the piss out of The Revival for losing matches to Black and Ricochet.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It’s a difficult one to build, in terms of Hawkins getting a title shot without winning a match at all. They definitely could’ve done it, though, even some interactions with Hawkins taking the piss out of The Revival for losing matches to Black and Ricochet.

I imagined The Revival requesting, "an easy night," or something, handpicking Hawkins.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It’ll be between 4 and 5, yeah. At a guess, 4.40.

Mania 32, 33 and 34 have gotten progressively longer. Last year's main card portion clocked in at 5 hours and 14 minutes, from the first Google response I can find, provided by a Forbes article. I was too lazy to look much further to check it out. I'm sure you're trying to encourage @Devon Malcolm and let him hope it won't last a full week, when it's probably more likely to last a fortnight. I've been preparing myself for this year's Mania to go all the way to 6am, and I'll be pretty happy if it manages to finish up the 17 matches and 486 promo videos by 05:30. 

Archived