Woah Woah WrestleMania - Dis-cussion thread - pump it up, pump it up. *HOF spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I really want to see a Hollywood Cena gimmick where he's playing the same character he's always played, just in blissful ignorance of how out of reach he's become. With weeks of vignettes of him just speaking to roving Raw reports through the intercom on his manor gates. 

This is gonna be so huuuge! On paper it looks like the best Mania in years. I don't enjoy Mania as much as I probably should though, I kinda wish they would go back to indoor venues. The atmosphere is so much better. The card is ridiculously stacked mind, if they book it well it shouldn't be the slog we're all dreading. Predictions?!! Let's see how miserably I fail. 

Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey (c) – Raw Women’s Championship. Lynch besting Rousey should be the only result if they want a credible babyface to carry the division forward. Nothing about the build suggests they know what they're doing though so I'm banking on Becky submitting Charlotte for the win. If she's sticking around they'll save Rousey for the Ronda/Becky singles match that everyone wanted three months ago.

Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar (c) – Universal Championship. The universal title picture is the most interesting thing for me coming out of Mania. I've got no idea where they will go with it. Rollins has felt nothing like a future champ in the build and I think they'll keep the belt on Brock for the Saudi Arabia shows. Who the fuck is left to dethrone Lesnar though? Pivoting to Roman again has disaster written all over it. Maybe Brock wins with something screwy for a potential rematch? Should be cracking.

Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan (c) – WWE Championship. Can't wait for this. Kofi wins and it will be an all time great WrestleMania moment. Small chance they pull the trigger on Big E to fuck Kofi over. But nah, that's not happening. Yet.

Triple H vs. Batista – No Holds Barred. Is it me or does this feud feel ice cold? The stip of HHH's career being on the line feels like it's been totally buried under the weird GIVE ME WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANT comedy and half arsed meta shit. The  match will be awful but hopefully Batista sticks around in some form. HHH gets his win. We need Roman vs Batista.

Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin – Angle’s retirement match. John Cena loses to the Angle lock. Corbin and Angle shouldn't even lock up. Big Match John eliminates Corbin before he even touches the ring. 

Shane McMahon vs. The Miz – Falls Count Anywhere . Ick, this could be a real clanger. It's the best built feud on the card but because the guys are so badly miscast I'm finding it hard to care. 

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre. Low key this might be the match I'm most looking forward to. Two big angry hosses going slugging it out. I hate them going to the leukaemia well all the time but Roman can bring the fire. Reigns wins but barely, and they'll play up the "He isn't the same guy!" sell job to keep Drew looking strong. Maybe have Drew lay out Roman post-match. Drew is The Guy and I can't be having him just lose again. He's barely recovered from Adolph Ziggler / Baron Corbin's touch of death.

AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton. Orton but who cares?

Rey Mysterio vs. Samoa Joe (c) – United States ChampionshipSorry Joe. Rey gets his win and goes back to Andrade.

Finn Balor vs. Bobby Lashley (c) – Intercontinental Championship. Sorry Finn but this has no place on the main card. Fucking Raw man. Surprised that neither this or the U.S. title match aren't multi man gangbangs.

The Divas of Doom vs. The IIconics vs. Nia Jax and Tamina vs. The Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection (c) – Women’s Tag Team Championships. What a silly match. Hugs vs Doom would've done the job, surely?

Tony Nese vs. Buddy Murphy (c) – Cruiserweight Championship

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Ahh. . . Dear Braun. I wish this match had actual stakes to it like a guaranteed tile shot or something. Off the wall pick - Lars Sullivan.

Geez, what else is there? Both tag champs and the Women's battle royal? I'm going with Black/Ricochet, Usos and Asuka.

Edit- holy shit the formatting. Blame the kindle. Sorry!

Fuck. That “Man Comes Around” video is class. But yeah, only serves to remind what a travesty it is not to be just Becky v Ronda.

Beckys rise was so fucking good, it’s almost easy to forget that, with how shit at times the angle has been since FastLane. She’s still over as anything of course, but I feel she’s cooled off considerably over the last month or so and especially since the autumn. The thought of a knackered, unresponsive crowd and a wanky Four Horsewomen “moment” post match could kill her momentum dead for me, whatever the result. Hopefully the match does follow Trips/HBK/Benoit in bringing the crowd alive, but doesn’t haven’t the bit for Dem Wans after.

There really is too much TV time/too many shows to keep something hot without fizzling out. The Raw invasion angle that lead to face break, the following Smacky D promo, Becky returns and wins the Rumble, “I choose you”, Beckys Chronicle perhaps accompanied by a similar Ronda based one would have suited me lovely to build their match and I’d be all over it still. Basically all the things highlighted in that video. With a couple of promos in there maybe, a bit like Rock/Cena was treated. And I’d have been up for a WrestleMania press conference angle doing something like a UFC weigh-In as @Supremo has previously suggested WrestleMania week/weekend with a bit of full blown Becky McGregor for that last bit of hype.

Honestly, when she raided Raw and looked back from the stands her face a bloody mess she looked the coolest thing on the planet. That was so, so good.

• Paid Members

I'm amazed that they've never really repeated the footage of Becky's bloody Raw invasion on TV. It'd be like never showing Austin passing out covered in blood at Mania 13 after the fact. Such a cool, iconic visual.

But yeah. That video is incredible and is exactly the type of thing they need to air this week. I wonder if they could license that music for some of her Wrestlemania entrance?

And yeah, I'll never get over how much they managed to fumble it after that, "I choose you," segment. Unbelievable.

Jeez

What does deserve better even mean?

They get to be on the biggest show of the year in front of a huge worldwide audience

What do these people want? We can't have everyone on the card in a high profile singles match or the show will still be on come Summerslam.

And let's face it off that list the only one who actually should be on the card in a more high profile setting is Asuka

You could argue Mandy and Sonya maybe deserve a Tag Team title shot over the Iconics and likewise the Riott Squad over on Raw but still it's not the end of the world they aren't.

What exactly have Dana, Lana, Nikki Cross done to Deserve better then having a token appearance on the biggest show? 

People moan it's too long, people moan someone is missing from the card, people Moan there are too many multiman matches and not enough singles matches, people moan too many singles matches without meaning.......

Archived