Being reminded of the UKFF in real life

Onyx2

• Paid Members

We took a trip to the local recycling centre yesterday (my squeeze is a lucky, lucky girl let me tell you).

Whilst trying to fit an awkward old mirror into my humble motor, she uttered the words “Oh, it’s too big?” (Sadly this is the one and only time I’ve ever heard her say those words…)

Reminded me of the old Norton signatures posters were given if their sigs exceeded the stated sizing. 

2 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Missus only said to me on Wednesday night "Oh, this new Netflix one looks great, is out New Years Day and has that one that was in Corrie in it..."

**Tommy Tiernan Bus Radiohead gif**

As an expert on these things, can you explain - are they all as bad as they look?  If so, why is Harlan Coban famous?  Who IS Harlan Coban?  I keep seeing them on Netflix and thinking "oof, looks awful".

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

As an expert on these things, can you explain - are they all as bad as they look?  If so, why is Harlan Coban famous?  Who IS Harlan Coban?  I keep seeing them on Netflix and thinking "oof, looks awful".

As with everything in life, Le Branque will explain it better. They’re really formulaic, twisty turny thrillers with dickheads. It’s like how Michael McIntyre is to comedy, Coban is to thrillers. 

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As with everything in life, Le Branque will explain it better. They’re really formulaic, twisty turny thrillers with dickheads. It’s like how Michael McIntyre is to comedy, Coban is to thrillers. 

I hope we get another voice note about kidney bean shaped heads :)

I follow a lot of Spurs related On This Day/memories accounts on Twitter (shock I know) and today Vinny Samways was shown scoring 2 against Marlow in 1993 and every time I see him, I think of Astro.

An intrinsic part of the 1991 Cup winning team, 1 of 3 trophies I've seen us win, a Spurs legend and cult hero, and now all I think of is his smelly willy ffs.

• Awards Moderator

Been watching loads of true crime documentaries lately. ITVx, as crap as it is, has delivered some good ones.

The problem for me is that it’s highly sponsored by trustthetrader.com. Every episode break has it. Trust the trader? Sound. I will. I will trust you as a trader. But when I hear it…

… all I hear is ‘Chest the Traitor… dot com’ and now I’m paranoid about my username being changed to frankie_loves_tories by a rogue Mod.

• Moderators
On 12/31/2023 at 5:53 AM, Fatty Facesitter said:

Reminded me of the old Norton signatures posters were given if their sigs exceeded the stated sizing

That is a blast from the past. People used to get so angry about having that dropped into their sigs

10 minutes ago, neil said:

That is a blast from the past. People used to get so angry about having that dropped into their sigs

I hope they didn’t get damaged. 

It led to a spectacular Mab meltdown when he got Norton’d. One of many, granted.