Being reminded of the UKFF in real life

Onyx2

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Don't be a nob. Having watched the episode over lunch, given what round it was in, it was definitely a spoiler. A quick warning takes no time at all.

Sorry. I only said it was a clue. I didn't give away the result of the episode or any of the answers. If somebody else had made my original post I'd have probably responded with "that's cool, I'll have a look out for it". I will be a bit more careful or leave it a few days if it happens again, though. 

@Tommy! There wasn't. It was a decent episode, though. 

• Paid Members
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 10/31/2023 at 2:16 PM, SuperBacon said:

Don't be a nob. Having watched the episode over lunch, given what round it was in, it was definitely a spoiler. A quick warning takes no time at all.

sorry to drag this up but I've just watched this and unless you've solved it at clue 2 anyway I don't really see how knowing Devon Malcom is a clue somewhere in the show spoils much.

51 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

sorry to drag this up but I've just watched this and unless you've solved it at clue 2 anyway I don't really see how knowing Devon Malcom is a clue somewhere in the show spoils much.

It spoiled it for me as I knew it was coming, therefore I was applying English counties to every question to see if it fitted. Absolutely a spoiler. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Knowing me spoils everything, Tommy! Just ask my ex-wife!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It spoiled it for me as I knew it was coming, therefore I was applying English counties to every question to see if it fitted. Absolutely a spoiler. 

But how did you know Devon Malcom as a clue applied to English counties, that's not something spoilt in what was said on here was it?

Devon Malcom as a clue on that show could be anything.

Edited by Tommy!

22 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

But how did you know Devon Malcom as a clue applied to English counties, that's not something spoilt in what was said on here was it?

Devon Malcom as a clue on that show could be anything.

It would apply to cricket or English counties. I knew that was going to be an answer because someone said it was a clue, therefore I was expecting a set of clues that were connected by cricket or English counties. I was able to determine by the first picture that this was the question in, erm, question. 

Had the answer not been connected to cricket or English counties, it wouldn’t have been a spoiler, but it was so therefore that particular question was spoiled. 

Hope that clears it up!

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

therefore I was expecting a set of clues that were connected by cricket or English counties

Or characters in Caroline Aherne shows, or initials that relate to social media, or countless other things.

Sounds like you spoilt it as much for yourself as anything else.

1 minute ago, Tommy! said:

Or characters in Caroline Aherne shows, or initials that relate to social media, or countless other things.

Sounds like you spoilt it as much for yourself as anything else.

But it didn’t relate to those things, hence why I waited to watch it and say it was a spoiler. As I said, if it related to any of the things you said, it wouldn’t have been a spoiler for me. But alas, me knowing the names of English counties ruined one question on a quiz show. I’m to blame for this terrible outcome.