WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

We all know Hogan's a massive racist and pillock. But so is the current world champion and the one before Roman Reigns. Hauling WWE over the coals for bringing back Hogan only works if you acknowledge how massively problematic that company has always been.

Disagree.

Everyone has their own tipping point. You don't have to understand how they got there or why it didn't come sooner, for their complaint to be valid.

They certainly don't have to choose between only:

a) categorically list everything the company has ever done wrong and prove how much it's always appalled them, or

b) say nothing forever.

People are entitled to cherry pick their objections and make a bigger deal out of some than others, because in and of themselves those objections are all worthy of discussion, with or without the rest.

If everyone bit their tongue unless they were willing to analyse every similar case that they maybe, in someone's opinion, should have shouted about already, then progress would never be made. The vast majority would continue to eat shit despite their growing unease about it, for fear of being labelled a hypocrite for "only" speaking out now.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Disagree.

Everyone has their own tipping point. You don't have to understand how they got there or why it didn't come sooner, for their complaint to be valid.

They certainly don't have to choose between only:

a) categorically list everything the company has ever done wrong and prove how much it's always appalled them, or

b) say nothing forever.

People are entitled to cherry pick their objections and make a bigger deal out of some than others, because in and of themselves those objections are all worthy of discussion, with or without the rest.

If everyone bit their tongue unless they were willing to analyse every similar case that they maybe, in someone's opinion, should have shouted about already, then progress would never be made. The vast majority would continue to eat shit despite their growing unease about it, for fear of being labelled a hypocrite for "only" speaking out now.

I don't get it.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure what's worse - the bad PR WWE will get from this, or the total lack of creativity they've put into generating a buzz about this show. And why would they? They've presumably already got the guaranteed millions from the deal, they'll already have people tuning into the show on the Network anyway even if there's a slight drop, they can book the whole thing almost stress free by default on a napkin and have done with it. 

It just seems absolutely mad to me that you have HBK's first match back in eight years, you've got DX vs Undertaker and Kane on the show, Hulk Hogan hosting it, and yet there's no real buzz about it. It doesn't feel even remotely special in any way, shape or form. People will point to the bad PR potentially hampering them, but I think it's just pure laziness on WWE's part. They should be going ham on sexy vignettes, those sexy behind the scenes interview pieces they do on the network, getting video reactions from everyone in the lockeroom who grew up watching HBK, delving deeper into the histories between the four of them and how their paths have taken this long to cross in WWE, reliving the classic Wrestlemania moments, rah rah fucking rah. If you can't even be arsed to make your part-tie legends feel special anymore, eventually people just won't give a shit about them at all.

It's not even the actual match that perplexes me. It does make sense and you can understand HBK coming back to something like this first rather than diving into something with AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan etc. But you'd think it would be a much, much bigger deal than it's been presented to be. 

Again, all this is pointless because they've already got their millions and they'll sweep the bad PR under the carpet, and because I'm a cunt I'll watch it anyway. But you'd think in exchange for me buying into their Saudi propaganda they'd at least tease my shaft a bit first. 

• Paid Members

I'll watch it because it's Shawn Michaels coming back which is a far big enough deal to me even if the promotion has been red reels.

10 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

I think they're probably having a rare moment of self-awareness and failing to do any of that out of embarrassment.

Embarrassment all the way to the bank.

Well I for one will be glad to see Hogan back in the E where he belongs, brother.  I know he's a bit of an old racist but you genuinely couldn't watch wrestling if you held the performer's actual opinions against them.  AJ Styles is a full on Trump loving gay hater, Ronda Rousey (who I love) is a fucking lunatic.    Pill heads, rapists, paedophiles, wife-beaters, murderers - and that's just the Hall Of Fame!  

And I'll also say this, although I respect the fact that people REALLY disagree.  I don't think Hogan is any more racist than the next average white American of his era.  I don't think he hates black people, or has ever held back another wrestler because of race.  I think he's an ageing biker who grew up using the N word and still thinks it's cool, and was busted showing off after shagging his mate's wife by throwing it around in private.  That makes him a dickhead, and worst of all in my opinion his attempt at apologising to the locker room was ruined by his massive ego making it about "not getting caught".  He still doesn't think he did anything wrong, and that's a dick move.

To say the guy can't make a living though, out of a company that gets its bucks from dubious sources like Saudi Arabia.. the guy has a back so fucked he has a shock pad surgically grafted to his spine, let the mad old bastard take the McMahon shilling and pretend he's a nice guy, like we do with AJ Styles.  Or Shawn "Jesus now" Michaels.  Or JBL.  Or Jerry Lawler.  Or Pat Patterson.  Or Steve Austin.  Or just don't watch wrestling, it's a horrible business.

• Paid Members

He literally said "I am a racist", and that he didn't want his daughter dating a black man. It's not "just" that he used that word, it's the entire context in which it was used. 

I'm not debating that wrestling is full of utter shitheads, but I'm not buying a "just a product of his time" or "not really racist" argument for Hulk Hogan. 

25 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

He literally said "I am a racist", and that he didn't want his daughter dating a black man. It's not "just" that he used that word, it's the entire context in which it was used. 

I'm not debating that wrestling is full of utter shitheads, but I'm not buying a "just a product of his time" or "not really racist" argument for Hulk Hogan. 

Well, you won't be watching him anyway after cancelling your subscription, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Archived