WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, dopper said:

expect Daniel Bryan losing way more matches than he wins over the next few months.

And how is that different from the last few months? It feels like he already loses more than he wins.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Shawn Michaels is wrestling his first match in nearly 9 years on Friday and it says so much about the whole show that this has become a complete afterthought.

Have to emphasise this point. I think it's the angle rather than the show that is the main problem here, although you could argue that the nostalgia aspect is being driven by this show but HBK's comeback isn't remotely interesting and it should be the story of the year. He might aswell just be in a redneck triathlon with Eric Bischoff.

39 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’re still promoting Styles/Bryan for Crown Jewel posting something on Instagram just 15 minutes ago.

For a company who loves using social media, they really don’t have a clue.

It’s no different to word getting out about Cena not going yesterday daytime before they announced it properly last night on Raw.

In storyline, Daniel Bryan is still wrestling on this show. Tonight on SmackDown that will change somehow.

Nothing to do with how they use their social media.

I think everyone, myself included would be a lot more invested in HBK's return if it had literally any other justification other than "huge cash grab this way!!!" - it's hard to find any investment or interest in a match when it's so glaringly obvious as to why it's going down. I personally won't take any enjoyment in a 50-odd year old man ambling around a ring for the sake of Saudi blood money.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

I think everyone, myself included would be a lot more invested in HBK's return if it had literally any other justification other than "huge cash grab this way!!!" - it's hard to find any investment or interest in a match when it's so glaringly obvious as to why it's going down. I personally won't take any enjoyment in a 50-odd year old man ambling around a ring for the sake of Saudi blood money.

I still think its the angle. I don't agree with this show, or any of the other organisations cosying up to the Saudis for money, but I'm not going to lie - if this was HBK coming back to face Bryan, Styles, Lesnar or Rollins, I'd be hard down below all week.

12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I still think its the angle. I don't agree with this show, or any of the other organisations cosying up to the Saudis for money, but I'm not going to lie - if this was HBK coming back to face Bryan, Styles, Lesnar or Rollins, I'd be hard down below all week.

It's a good point, but although it'd probably be a better match, I just don't have any faith in WWE to make any of those guys you mentioned look even remotely enough of a star to face HBK. Plus you just know that if he does face one of those lads, it's going 10 minutes and ending with one Superkick as the Saudi lot go mental. At least with Undertaker and Kane involved they can ham it up to 11, smoke and mirrors and all.

They've been pushing it as a "global WWE Network special" for a few weeks. I think they're going down the road of it's happening, but we won't say anything about the location until we have to. Also, (in tags, but does not spoil any result)

Tom also said when the AJ Bryan match kicked off, "originally scheduled for this Friday". Subtle, but an on record quote if anyone moans that Bryan doesn't go (Looks like he isn't and this was the get out clause)

EDIT to add: Now confirmed Samoa Joe vs AJ

Cena's absence could look like a watershed moment for the company in years to come. He's been in and out waving his motivational toss rag and losing matches for what feels like years, now, but the ultimate company man refusing to go really, finally would seem to suggest Cena's gone now. The era is over. He may as well be on a legends contract.

I can't remember a wrestling debacle being as perversely newsworthy since the Chris Benoit incident.

Archived