WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

Wow. Only caught "highlights" of the show but it looked/sounded truly awful.

Brock Lesnar is champion again. Strowman, even kicking out of numerous F5's, is made to look weak and uncapable of winning when it matters yet again.

Miz vs. Ziggler as the final of the World Cup, leading to Shane McMahon becoming the Best in the World.

Shawn Michaels looks terrible without hair.

Nice to hear a loud cheer when the Becky vs. Rousey match graphic was shown.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 11/1/2018 at 11:40 AM, Fatty Facesitter said:

It just seems absolutely mad to me that you have HBK's first match back in eight years, you've got DX vs Undertaker and Kane on the show, Hulk Hogan hosting it, and yet there's no real buzz about it. It doesn't feel even remotely special in any way, shape or form. People will point to the bad PR potentially hampering them, but I think it's just pure laziness on WWE's part. They should be going ham on sexy vignettes, those sexy behind the scenes interview pieces they do on the network, getting video reactions from everyone in the lockeroom who grew up watching HBK, delving deeper into the histories between the four of them and how their paths have taken this long to cross in WWE, reliving the classic Wrestlemania moments, rah rah fucking rah. If you can't even be arsed to make your part-tie legends feel special anymore, eventually people just won't give a shit about them at all.

It's not even the actual match that perplexes me. It does make sense and you can understand HBK coming back to something like this first rather than diving into something with AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan etc. But you'd think it would be a much, much bigger deal than it's been presented to be. 

Yes! I was about to come here and post something similar.

Hulk making an appearance waving to the crowd isn't that big a deal imo, as much of a fan of his I've always been. But considering the amount of lapsed fans out there, I kind of feel that Shawn Michaels returning to the ring should be something that a lot of lads my age (30's etc) should be talking about even though the vast majority stopped watching in 2002 or so.

I hardly watch the WWE product at all these days so can't comment on the build-up on weekly TV. But apart from a video clip of HBK superkicking the Undertaker appearing on my Facebook feed, I'd have been unaware that this was happening at all. 

It just feels that a match like this, which is a dream match for any Attitude Era fans 20 years on, should be a much bigger deal than how it came across.

(I only watched the main event but it was as good as can be expected from four lads in their 50's in fairness)

• Paid Members

Amazing banter booking, we can all forget it happened. Almost. Except Raw is fucked again.

Oh well, hopefully AJ v Lesnar will deliver again.

It was a human version of the Crown Prince taking his Hasbros and fantasy booking the show. As said, Braun taking 5 F5s should have him looking indestructible, but yet, he comes out of this neutered.Shane...well...fuck even knows, apart from the fact he physically seems to be morphing into his dad.

3 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Amazing banter booking, we can all forget it happened. Almost. Except Raw is fucked again.

Oh well, hopefully AJ v Lesnar will deliver again.

Hopefully Lesnar will vacate the title on Raw tomorrow Monday, they strip Rollins/Ambrose of the tag titles, and WWE hire some new (capable) writers over the weekend, then they crown a new Universal champion and new tag team champions on Raw. None of this will happen though, and we will get Strowman vs. Corbin, and Rollins and Ambrose running away from each other while still tag team champs.

• Paid Members

Never watched it, so going purely off pictures from twitter, he looks pretty stupid these days. They all do. Shawn Michaels looks like my nob after a long bath. And the Undertaker ruined his body putting all that effort in during the Streak only to continue on to wrestle like a Scott Conway import. He's a mess.

• Paid Members

Worst show I've seen this decade. Not a single good match on the card, at best Ziggler vs Rollins is a Raw match. 

The 3 last matches were unfathomably bad and all for different reasons. 

1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Am I imagining this or has Kane always taken a shit pedigree? Before I clicked that gif I could see it in my head.

Ah, that's the classic Kane bump you're thinking of. Anything which involves him taking a front bump, he completely fucks it off and takes it on his knees instead. Mental that he's still walking around fine given he's been doing it for a fucking eternity.

Archived