WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Another positive - I liked the way they listed everyone’s credentials when they announced them. Listing the titles they’ve had and specifying whenever someone was a Hall of Famer. Good stuff.

Not verbally, but WWE started listing stats in the lower thirds/nameplates on Mae Young Classic half-way through the tournament and liked that style.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Natalya is the worst thing about Ronda's push?! Are we forgetting about the feud with Nia? Don’t get me wrong, the match itself was a fucking miracle, but don’t let that overshadow what a steaming pile of disjointed shit that feud was. Giggling best mates on the red carpet one week, being talked down and made to look like manipulated twats by Stephanie the following week, a complete phantom heel turn by Nia, it’d be a shoe-in for worst feud of the year if it wasn’t for Bayley and Sasha.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

it’d be a shoe-in for worst feud of the year if it wasn’t for Bayley and Sasha.

Does this count as a feud? At this point it feels like a two and a half year prick tease for a feud that never came. It's getting to Undertaker vs Sting levels of blueballs over here. Their moments in the Rumble and Chamber being the "Isn't that Shawn's chin/Sable's fanny in the shed" equivalence.

3 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

i don’t think Rousey had been booked like a mug at all. Worse thing about her push is her being tied to the hip of the useless Natalya. For me this would have gone down with WWEs most boring years if it weren’t for the women’s division.

She’s been handled abysmal more than she’s been booked to look well. Luckily she is so good that when it’s time for her full of fire comeback, everyone forgets all the things that came before it. Imagine if she didn’t have that and needed protecting? Would be one of the biggest flops in years.

Any credibility she has is off her own back, to list her as a success for creative is bullshit

that was possibly the worst Main Event Ive ever seen, worse than Wargames 98 and The Uncensored 96 tower of doom gauntlet match. All four guys needed to be taken out the back Old Yeller style after that travesty. I didnt think Id see a worse brothers of destruction match then the one they had with Kronik but this was levels worse than that

Brothers of destruction? they only think theyre destroying are buyrates and their own bone joints as they stumble around the ring like the WCW Yeti in 95. The Taker isnt even worth his entrance now, it beggers belief that after losing at WM 30 hes still hanging on and odds are he will appear at 34 

Kane selling the pedigree was about as bad as Edward Scissorhands selling handjobs, I know hes a company man but to be 20 years deep in the company and still unable to bump AT ALL is just embarrassing. The Mask and wig falling off was perfect and tied into the shitstorm this match became, I love how it magically reappeared on his mug a few moments later

Its incredible that Shawns comeback was made to feel so underwhelming, I guess it doesnt help he looks like a thumb but geez you would have thought it might have felt like SOMETHING...anything

It was bad main event, yes. But I think it would have been ok if Triple H hadn’t got hurt early on. Ok the Mask was hilarious but that was just one of those things. Taker and Kane should be done by now, but the reactions Taker gets show you why they keep wheeling him out.

Despite looking weird, I think HBK actually performed pretty well given the 8 year absense. Moonsaulting on to his own face looked painful but that was probably more to do with Kane and Taker not catching him. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, JudyBagwell said:

Brothers of destruction? they only think theyre destroying are buyrates and their own bone joints as they stumble around the ring like the WCW Yeti in 95. The Taker isnt even worth his entrance now, it beggers belief that after losing at WM 30 hes still hanging on and odds are he will appear at 34 

Yeah, odds are good that Taker will be facing John Cena at Wrestlemania 34 in a match that lasts about 2 minutes 34 seconds. In between a Triple Threat Tag for the Smackdown Titles and Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

I am a huge Undertaker mark - he was the character that got me hooked on wrestling when I was a kid - but I struggle to watch his stuff these days.
I could accept him coming back after the Lesnar loss as I think the rematches he had with Lesnar were good and made sense - I could have done without the Bray Wyatt and Shane McMahon stuff personally but that's just me - but he really should have stayed gone after the Reigns loss in my opinion. I know some people didn't like it but him leaving his garb in the ring and disappearing under the stage was just a beautiful ending to the character in my opinion - the old war horse who realised that time had passed him by literally leaving it all in the ring and riding off into the sunset.

It's just sad seeing him now for me.

I watched the main event only out of curiosity and yes it was bad, very bad. It certainly wasn't helped by Triple H's injury, although the times I have seen Triple H wrestle recently (granted, not many) he seems to be a pale imitation of his previous self. Kane has been awful for years, his mask falling off and a clearly audible "shit" was probably his best contribution in the match, which speaks volumes. Undertaker, should have retired after the Roman Reigns Wrestlemania match. The whole, leaving the jacket and the hat in the middle of the ring seemed like a perfect oppertunity for the WWE and Calaway himself to close the book on the charcter and allow him to be ambassador for the company moving forward.  Instead we have an Undertaker which is almost a parody of himself and moves around the ring leaning on the ropes and hunched over, similar to Andre The Giant in his final few years wrestling.

Shawn Michaels was probbably the only bright spot in the match, but considering how bad it was, it is hardly an achievement - it's almost like giving an award to the tallest dwarf. Whilst watching the match I kept thinking perhaps Shawn will wrestle again and that will be a true indication of weather he is still able to wrestle without damaging his legacy, but interviewed after he seemed to indicate that it was just a one off - if that is the case, I hope this match is quickly forgotten and the WWE state his match with the Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 was his last match (similar to how the have ignored Ric Flair's matches after his last retirement albeit with different organisations) but I know they won't do this. 

4 minutes ago, bobby dazzler said:

Shawns a 53 year old former drug abuser who wrestled hard for 22 years through a multitude of injuries including a broken back, he looks alright to me! 

That may be so, but he is neither sexy nor a boy, despite his theme song trying to convince us otherwise. 

You'd think they'd have adapted that a while back, even using an instrumental version or something, without the ridiculous lyrics.

Archived