WWE Crown Jewel

Kaz Hayashi

hahahahaha. I'm calling it, worse than December to Dismember, WORSE. An absolute sham that made me ashamed to be a Wrestling fan, only positive is Triple H's injury, might fucking spare us any more of these matches and teach him that working 15 hours a day then exercising at 3am aint rate at 50 odd years of age the cunt.

Michaels looks 111 for Christ sake.

Kane's mask😆

The commentary hahaha, Renee is now in my top 5 worst of all time, not just Wrestling but any form of sport or entertainment show, she's knocked Mark Lawrenson down to 3rd spot and I never thought that would happen.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

only positive is Triple H's injury, might fucking spare us any more of these matches and teach him that working 15 hours a day then exercising at 3am aint rate at 50 odd years of age the cunt.

Where did he touch you?

• Paid Members

They had a show with Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement, Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman, AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe, and an 8-man tournament.

And it was nowhere close to as good as the show headlined by Nikki Bella.

• Paid Members

Big bad Vince doing whatever the fuck he wants fully well knowing we'll all be back for more 😂😂

What a man.

Haven't watched it fully but read the reports and watched the odd clip on Twitter. Sounds brilliant.

What an absolute shit show. Lesnar is champion again after basically squashing Braun and Shane McMahon won the World Cup. You couldn't make it up. 

The main event was fun enough, HBK looked good and everything but was hurt by stuff like the HHH injury and Kane's mask falling off.  

2018 must be one of the worst creative years for WWE ever though. They've taken stubborn and tone deaf to a whole new level.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

2018 must be one of the worst creative years for WWE ever though. They've taken stubborn and tone deaf to a whole new level.

And they’re more profitable than ever so sadly won’t give a shit. 

27 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

We're in the middle of a long championship reign by AJ Styles, I've seen Styles v Samoa Joe for that title, we've had the miracle of Ronda Rousey, we got the Becky push we all wanted, Ambrose is being booked like a boss, there's been a nice absence of Stephanie this year, Kurt Angle is on telly, Drew McIntyre is getting a major push...

There have been years in WWE history when absolutely nothing good happened.  This isn't one of them.  

• Paid Members

That doesn't equate to good creativity though. You can book Styles VS Joe, but you still need to make people care about it. For me, they really haven't achieved that in pretty much anything this year- barring Rousey at WrestleMania and the Royal Rumble matches.

They just brought HBK out of retirement for crying out loud, yet nobody cared. That's a perfect example of their creativity this year. And I regularly forget that Daniel Bryan is allowed to wrestle again.

• Paid Members

I cared about Samoa Joe vs. AJ. Joe’s promos were outstanding, the storyline of Joe being a prick who made it personal clicked really well and that cliffhanger when Joe rocked up at AJ’s house was some of the best TV in ages. The only thing wrong with that feud was that Joe never won the Title and they did those shitty finishes. The one where AJ tapped but won by pinfall in particular made him look like a complete dickhead and the way he reacted to it made him a terrible babyface. 

But yeah, ultimately the last thing you can argue is that they just booked AJ against Joe and didn’t make people care. That’s just not true.

Don't get me wrong, there’s been some incredibly bad creative this year, but Loki is right, that’s still infinitely better than previous years when there’s been no creative at all.

• Paid Members

If anything this is what makes WWE so frustrating to watch - they CAN excel creatively or at the very least get the basics right when it comes to general storytelling or putting together TV shows, both on the main roster and in NXT.   Booking decisions in terms of who wins actual matches will always be subjective and you can’t do much to change that amongst the general populous, but with this Saudi show along with some other examples this year, they’ve just chosen to do anything BUT be creative because their millions are already in the bank. Which is probably the biggest shame. 

The whole thing with WWE being the worst ever now is an interesting argument, because the frequency of noteworthy things happening isn't really the only variable when taking favorite years into account. I feel like there's been plenty to write home about for most years of what I'll call the Network era. Goldberg's return and Survivor Series shock, Taker/Lesnar becoming a series, giving away shit like Cena Vs. AJ and Cena Vs. Reigns on non big four shows. That stuff really hits home the "we need to up our subs this month" mentality of it all. Generally, though, it's being played out in what feels like a years long nadir where Raw feels like the reused animation corridor in that Simpsons gag.

Against that backdrop, it's understandable to feel that things have never been worse. And yes, I know you don't have to watch it all, but for arguments sake lets assume that that's what WWE would actually like us to do. Watch the TV.

With all that in mind I can understand the sort of notions people must have when they think these are some of the worst years. 1995 is generally regarded as the worst year in the company's history, but it didn't carpet bomb you. Nostalgia aside, you're still only going to be watching about an hour or two of it each week. For everything. All your storylines start and end, there. You're not going to be popping online and realizing that one Adam Bomb Instagram video felt more realistic than anything else on the show.

If you're into Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker than an hour or two a week is pretty fucking sweet. And all your top line booking generally actually made sound long term sense.

Realistically as a middle ground of nothing happening/content to consume my personal worst would probably be the guest host years between the Floyd WrestleMania and Nexus. Then the bit in between Nexus and the pipebomb. Things were pretty damn good from then to the Network launch/streak ending, all things considered.

• Paid Members

There's been more to talk about and remember this year for me than the entire output between, for instance, Money In The Bank 2011 and Mania XXX. About six things of note is my estimate. So....

Mark Henry had his good run, Rock had a couple of matches, Brock came back, Hunter and Taker had two divisive matches at Mania, The Shield became a thing and had some good matches, Bryan got fucked over at SummerSlam 13 and endlessly thereafter until Punk fucked off.

The rest of the roster did nothing in the whole period that jumps to the front of my brain.

Archived