VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The "no fish" vegan fish fingers from Iceland are the worst imitation meat product I've ever eaten so avoid those. 

I had pulled jackfruit for the first time in a burrito at tortilla recently and it was delicious.

I had the very same the other day. Jackfruit done right I find very similar to how I remember pulled pork. 

The quorn fishless fillets I found were similar to the cheap battered fish you get in supermarkets where it’s almost minced, but thought they were ok. Shame though as that No Bull range has been fairly decent

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The "no fish" vegan fish fingers from Iceland are the worst imitation meat product I've ever eaten so avoid those. 

I've yet to find a decent veggie option from Iceland, which is a shame, as they tend to have a good sized range, and obviously very cheap. But everything's just cardboard, it's like stepping back in time 20 years to when that was true of any imitation meat stuff.

Tesco are a bit much better option for vegan stuff, but still a little pricey. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I've yet to find a decent veggie option from Iceland, which is a shame, as they tend to have a good sized range, and obviously very cheap. But everything's just cardboard, it's like stepping back in time 20 years to when that was true of any imitation meat stuff.

Even those No Bull Burgers?

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I had pulled jackfruit for the first time in a burrito at tortilla recently and it was delicious.

The pulled jackfruit on Morrisons salad counter is really good. We had a barbie at work a couple of months ago and the outside caterers brought some as a veggie option and it was tremendous. I had it on my burger!

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Morrison's own brand are pretty good and not bad price-wise.

51 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Morrison's own brand are pretty good and not bad price-wise.

Seconded. The Cauliflower ones, as well as the Sweet Potato burgers are especially nice.

They have introduced a new vegan burger called the “Miami” but my local one doesn’t have it yet. Supposed to be the best supermarket produced meat free burger yet.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

He can't possibly mean those! 

I mean, my go to now (Thanks Asda) are the Oomph! Burgers, they are the best I have had at home (and I have just bought some of those Birdseye ones to try as well), but the No Bulls for me are really good, even if the cooking instructions are ropey. They were one of the best things I tried in my first month of leaving meat behind.

Just watched Game Changers and it was brilliant. They cover all aspects of how a plant based diet improves performance. While I’m no athlete I have seen a dramatic improvement in my general health, so was cool to see all the reasons why I feel better at 30 than I did in my early 20s. There is one part which measures erections after plant based meals which was really good.

@Scott Malbranque and @Chest Rockwell should definitely give it a watch. Would like to know what you both think  

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Nobody said being vegan is the only way to get strong, it’s just the best way for individuals to reach their personal best. It covers it all in the film if you watch it  

I found the film interesting, not that it blew me away or anything but it was interesting.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, ElCece said:

I found the film interesting, not that it blew me away or anything but it was interesting.

I agree. It was a good watch and did a decent job of shooting down some of the horror stories and misinforation, but I honestly think the watchers current beliefs will massvly infuence how it is viewed rather than being a tool to try and make people "see the light".

I'm beggining to see wrestling the same way people see religion. What's the old saying, "If you beleive, then no evidence is needed. If you don't, then no eviidence will be enough".