VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Do what now?

Yep. Had a particularly nasty bug https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/lactose-intolerance/treatment/ It was news to me when the Doctor told me.

There's no cure for lactose intolerance, but most people are able to control their symptoms by making changes to their diet.

Some cases of lactose intolerance, such as those caused by gastroenteritis, are only temporary and will improve within a few days or weeks.

Other cases, such as those caused by an inherited genetic fault or a long-term underlying condition, are likely to be long-lasting.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Blimey, sounds well nasty.  Had no idea it could come and go like that.

It was the first time I ever had to try milk alternatives which was fun, but obviously came in useful. As while I’m not 100% vegan, I’m about 90% of my diet now is. And milk was something easy for me to change. The bug only lasted about 3 days but he said about 20% of people who get lactose intolerance from it, have it permanently after. Nuts

38 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Meat has touched it, I'm not bothered but some are/would be.

I wouldn’t want to eat anything knowing meat has touched it, but if it was briefly by accident I wouldn’t freak out. Would just rather not. They are pretty good with that at my local Subway, but I know there is a chance it might happen.

I don’t eat anything that has shared oil with meat though.

As for KFC doing it for the money, that’s normal and not what I have the issue with. It is the stupidity of annoying Vegans with stupid adverts not long before trying to tap into that market 

• Paid Members

Sorry Kat, but I was near the only London KFC with the Vegan burger, so popped in at lunch. 4 of the 7 in their at the time ordered the Imposter. It did a good job of tasting like a KFC type burger, but not quite as I remembered, Had it with the new vegetable rice and a drink for less then a ÂŁ5. Good value and tasty.

On the way home, I stopped at Wasabi to get one of their Tofu curries you cook at home.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I cracked yesterday and got one. Turns out I’m really easy to buy.

Tasted really good and I can see it being extremely popular 

KFC have announced they have now sold out and next on sale from the 2nd July. In London my sister in law heard they had sold 90 alone by Monday lunchtime

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's curious how these vegan alternatives keep selling out on release, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some artificial scarcity at play to keep the buzz going.

Well two of my AR friends came to my work, then we drove 20 minutes to the nearest KFC selling one. My Facebook Is always swamped with Vegans flocking to try new food upon release. They probably are intentionally under stocking as well though 

Been intrigued by this for a while now but after watching the trailer I’m really excited. Hopefully it focuses on the benefits for athletes rather than try to appeal to people’s compassionate side.

With any luck it gets a lot of eyes on it because of the names involved 

• 3 months later...