VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

42 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Bloody hell, have you started cooking for yourself? :)

Yeah love a bit of scrambled tofu and will seek that cheese out 

Yeah I cook quite a bit now for the missus. Managed the full Christmas dinner on my own this year and nailed it except for the homemade vegan Yorkshire puddings. They went very bad

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Educated. Wasn't thinking about it from that POV, just that of the biggest gobshites. Not sure KFC counts as healthier but take the point.

McDonald's new veggie dippers look awesome.

Unfortunately it’s the same dippers they introduced last year in the wrap and bun, just now sold without bread. They are fine, but nothing special. I had the KFC burger when they trialled it last year and thought it was pretty good. Rebel Whopper was the best, though not cooked separate so can’t be called Vegan

Ethical veganism is philosophical belief, tribunal rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50981359
This an interesting one. He wasn’t sacked for being vegan, I thought this would be a whistle blower case. As the article mentions, the knock on effect could have some interesting results such as a check out operator refusing to scan meat products. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

Aren't they the same little veggie things put in the wraps?

Think so, that's what Hannibal said anyway. I've not had the wrap so thought they were new. My daughter had it in the Happy Meal and enjoyed it.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's cool, I really like the lovely lumpy veggie wraps so I'll be happy with those then.

I might take a late walk and try the KFC burger later, it looks to be a Quorn product but I hope it's a bit more than their store freezer ones.

It is Quorn, but the recipe is different to the store ones as it has the 11 herbs and spices. 

Had the Vegan Steak Bake today. Much more onion then I remember the regular ones having. In terms of nailing it, I think the Sausage Roll does a better job, but was still really nice.

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As the article mentions, the knock on effect could have some interesting results such as a check out operator refusing to scan meat products. 

Not sure a lot of truly ethical vegans would even work for a company who sold meat products, anything like that coming up I would see being torn apart if it went to a to a tribunal. 

8 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Not sure a lot of truly ethical vegans would even work for a company who sold meat products, anything like that coming up I would see being torn apart if it went to a to a tribunal. 

I’m thinking of supermarkets where staff are hired on a “Take this zero hours contract or we stop all your benefits” kind of deal. 

20 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Good point, that would surely put the job centre under scrutiny then as they are the ones discriminating against the individual

Trouble is, they’re the same people making it harder to bring a tribunal case to court and have no issue sanctioning cancer patients. I know this isn’t the tories are cunts thread but the tories are cunts. 

I don’t think many Vegans would have issue with anything that was on the job description. Even if they have to take the job, we understand the world we live in. I hate walking past lumps of flesh in Tesco but I know I have to do it to get to the stuff I want. I hate adverts of dead animals on TV but it’s just always been there, so I put up with it.

The issues will come when there is a change in the company or they find out something at a later date which they find unethical. This dude had an issue with his pension fund being invested in a company that tests on animals, which was something he wouldn’t have known before hand. He did the right thing and approached management saying he wasn’t happy with it, but was ignored. Then was fired for talking to other employees about it. 

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

the knock on effect could have some interesting results such as a check out operator refusing to scan meat products. 

Fuck 'em, the automated check outs are the business anyway. Who needs check out operators in 2020?