VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh yeah, he ticked both of those boxes! (Brown, not Tilde)

I'm clearly polarizing. Honestly, in real life I am a nice guy and get on quite well with people. I just do not seem to be able to conduct myself well when I write things down. But I'll accept Bellenda's comments, as there are many that will agree with the comment, and just suck it up.

Now, back on topic, has anyone found/tried the new Vegan Chocolate deserts Iceland have added to the No Bull range. Heard mixed things, but not found them yet to try, 

• Paid Members

ZyMLJbO.jpga quick what have I got use up in the fridge meal. Half a red pepper, 7 plum tomatoes (sliced), half a tin of Taco beans in “spicy” sauce, brown rice and a few bits of Oomph kebab. Was well nice, took about 5 minutes to cook in a wok, and 3 portions of veg. 

On 4/4/2019 at 7:12 PM, Merzbow said:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/apr/04/eu-to-ban-non-meat-product-labels-veggie-burgers-and-vegan-steaks?

Vegan foods are possibly being relabeled, there'll no longer be any vegan burgers/sausages/steaks etc.

I’ll be really surprised if this actually goes through. It is just the meat and dairy industries worried about losing sales, but since everywhere is coming out with Vegan options it’ll cost a fortune for a mass rebranding across thousands of businesses.

Its such a daft point, only an absolute idiot would actually back it.

Been amusing seeing articles suggest burgers and sausages will be called discs and tubes. Vegans have figured out how to come up with super creative substitutes,  they will easily come up with a better name than disc. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’ll be really surprised if this actually goes through. It is just the meat and dairy industries worried about losing sales, but since everywhere is coming out with Vegan options it’ll cost a fortune for a mass rebranding across thousands of businesses.

Its such a daft point, only an absolute idiot would actually back it.

Been amusing seeing articles suggest burgers and sausages will be called discs and tubes. Vegans have figured out how to come up with super creative substitutes,  they will easily come up with a better name than disc. 

Vurgers and Vausages?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

U.K.-KFC-Featured.jpg

Seen a lot of my friends raving about this today as it rolled out in selective stores as a trial. I don’t think I’ll bother because KFC can go fuck themselves.

5cd40e76a3db09756410c76c_vegan-plantbase

I have no idea what game KFC are playing, but they are making themselves look like twats.

Been really enjoying the Vegan Subway option. Papa Johns seem dedicated to building their options (their vegan sausage and mustard pizza is really good.) At this rate easy vegan food is going to be so easy to access. Makes me wonder what it will take for people to stop abusing animals  

• Paid Members

I thought this advert was very clever actually

2019-05-09_1355_001-1.png

The fact is, Chicken is their main business, however, it is positive that they are going down this route. It suggests they know they have to step up. I find Vegans going to KFC to eat a Vegan Burger no worse then those that shop in a supermarket, also full of dead animals. 

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

have no idea what game KFC are playing, but they are making themselves look like twats.

Been really enjoying the Vegan Subway option

They're playing the money game, they've even called it "The Imposter" but they see the dollar sign and that's what is the motivation for any massive company.  Regarding Subway, they ask if you want them to change their gloves which is fair enough, but they're still taking the same salad as the meaty gloves. Last time I was there (In the Trafford Centre) they dropped some chorizo in the lettuce and just took it out and carried on.  Probably more a training issue but it made me think how rigid they are regarding vegan food.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They're playing the money game, they've even called it "The Imposter" but they see the dollar sign and that's what is the motivation for any massive company.  Regarding Subway, they ask if you want them to change their gloves which is fair enough, but they're still taking the same salad as the meaty gloves. Last time I was there (In the Trafford Centre) they dropped some chorizo in the lettuce and just took it out and carried on.  Probably more a training issue but it made me think how rigid they are regarding vegan food.

Frankly I go to these placces knowing I am not the main customer and so the standards will probably not be up to where they should be. I am not saying that is right, or it should be the case, but there is not the same care. When I have Taco Bell they always tell me the Tortillas or chips, can never remember, are cooked in the same fryer as their chicken strips, but I don't mind that. They did once give me a taco with beef instead of beans though and I did complain 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Regarding Subway, they ask if you want them to change their gloves which is fair enough, but they're still taking the same salad as the meaty gloves. Last time I was there (In the Trafford Centre) they dropped some chorizo in the lettuce and just took it out and carried on.  Probably more a training issue but it made me think how rigid they are regarding vegan food.

Why is that a big deal? Vegans aren't allergic to meat, and none of the flavour is going to get transmitted in that manner.

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Why is that a big deal? Vegans aren't allergic to meat, and none of the flavour is going to get transmitted in that manner.

Meat has touched it, I'm not bothered but some are/would be.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Some are. I have a friend who only recently has become allergic to meat and fish as well as possibly soy. She hated Vegans and now she has had to become one. It may pass as they cannot understand what has caused this (I was lactose intolerant for about 6 weeks after a nasty stomach bug). But you are right that the majority are not and it is a preference