Chippy Tea

Onyx2

24 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Can't remember if you're a red or a blue but the Sing Fong on Walton Breck Road is my matchday nose bag! 

Where do you stand on the Lobster Pot? The salt and pepper chicken and the chicken burgers in there are rank, the chips seem to get left around so if its quiet I always swerve, but the battered sausage, curry and fresh chips are really good.

I’m a blue mate, can’t stand the Lobster, everything is far too greasy, even the pies somehow

• Awards Moderator
2 minutes ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

King Rib* supper, buttered roll, small tub of curry sauce and a glass cheque of Irn Bru.

*Apparently it's a regional thing for us Scottish,i've seen one in Gateshead chippy before but never any further south.

Correct... so what is it? And what is a 'cheque' of Irn Bru?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You get absolutely massive portions in there too. My local is The Sea Shell and it's great. My favourite currently is The Little Chippy in Cheadle, absolutely tremendous chips and gravy in there.

Wanted to try the seashell a few times, but I always seem to go when it’s closed.  The little chippy in Cheadle is awesome.  Used to play D&D in the church hall opposite on Thursday nights, then stuff my face there.  Happy greasy memories.

• Paid Members

May have mentioned before but the chippy next to my work does a lunch offer: Sausage/pie/pudding/quarter chicken and chips with curry/gravy/peas for ÂŁ2.00!

Whoever mentioned £7+ needs to move further north. 

Edit: Obviously you add in a bap (don't start!) and a can and you have the greatest ÂŁ3 meal deal known to man.

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

This thread needs pictures! hopefully when someone next gets a chippy tea they can post pictures, cos i love to look at stuff i cant eat and torture myself..! 

OK. The Mania 17 chippy tea I mentioned.

FB_IMG_1534438905351.jpg

• Paid Members

I'm usually a cheese & onion pie, chips, peas and gravy type guy, although sometimes I go for a jumbo sausage, chips and curry, or if it's the Chinese I'll go for half rice, half chips.

Ideal chippy tea is fish (ideally haddock), chips, curry sauce washed down with a can of Dandelion & Burdock (or a can of Rio if no D&B). 

And Chinese chippies are an odd one. They're either fantastic or utter pish. Nothing really in the middle. There's one on Stoney Stanton Road in Coventry called Chippers which is balls. Popped in once for a bag of chips. The woman just got a bag of oven chips out of the freezer and chucked some in the fryer. Pish. But on the opposite scale there's one on Bolton Road in Darwen not far from Ewood that gives out the biggest portion ever. Last time I went I got a bag for ÂŁ1.20 and it fed four of us. Proper good.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

Cod, chips and mushy peas with more salt and vinegar than actual food. I don't put salt on any other food post-cooking but my fish and chips get buried in it.

Same here. Even if I do my own cod and chips at home I don't season them. Can't stand stuff from the chippy without it.

Also, regarding chips and gravy. Should salt and vinegar go on before or after the gravy?