Onyx2

Chippy Tea

Battered haloumi is pretty nice. I can see why it should be available as a veggie option. This eat clean elitism is lame.

It's fucking battered cheese!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I've nothing against Halloumi, in its place. That's just not it's place. 

I have to do a mea culpa here though. I'm avoiding the chippy at the moment. I've lost just over 2 stone and have plenty more to lose. Battered delights are a thing of dreams at the moment, I am living vicariously through this thread though. 

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Just out of curiosity, what would be the best vegetarian option in a chippy? 

Steak pie.

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Just out of curiosity, what would be the best vegetarian option in a chippy? 

Chips.

Edited by Gus Mears

A huge tray of chips and mixed veggie kebab from the chippy down on Sandy Lane. The place is cut into two with the smaller side just selling veggie and vegan options, they've tried making it all as close as they can to the normal stuff too, no pretentious artisan bollocks.

Edited by Merzbow

Being a vegetarian is a big load of bollocks in general, but the chippy really ain't shit for me any more. Local used to do a potato and chickpea burger that was alright, but it's not a patch on a saveloy, battered cod or a Pukka pie.

I'd go as far to say vegetarians should be banned from chippies. It's for their own good. Because if you went in a chippy in Cheetham Hill and asked for a halloumi and tofu wrap then you will end up deep fried.

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

I'd go as far to say vegetarians should be banned from chippies. It's for their own good. Because if you went in a chippy in Cheetham Hill and asked for a halloumi and tofu wrap then you will end up deep fried.

Googled the place and the first thing I see is Grandad left covered in blood after machete-wielding robbers severed artery in his hand

Nice.

Go to chippy tea is salt and pepper chicken wings, portion of chips and curry sauce washed down with a can of Coke. The chippy by mine does the best wings, just the right level of crispy batter and saltiness and they are even better cold as a late night snack

41 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A huge tray of chips and mixed veggie kebab from the chippy down on Sandy Lane. The place is cut into two with the smaller side just selling veggie and vegan options, they've tried making it all as close as they can to the normal stuff too, no pretentious artisan bollocks.

I had a massive, full blown argument with my Mrs a few months ago over a Veggie Kebab. 

We go to this kebab place that does the best kebabs we have ever tasted. Anyway, she decided she was going to call for us a kebab after work one day, and I couldn't fucking wait. Well, that was until she walked through the door with 2 vegetarian kebabs. All it had was salad and cheap cheese in a pitta bread. It was a fucking cheese salad sandwich and the daft bastard had paid £6.50 each for them. I didn't talk to her for a fortnight...