• Moderators
30 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ajax just beat two of the strongest teams in Champions League in recent years. They're totally losing to these bunch of pricks now aren't they? :(

I really hope Ajax go all the way. Would love for them to do it. 

Absolute madness. What a match.

We're in the semi-finals for the 2nd year running and think I caught about five minutes of our game altogether. Sums it all up really.

Quietly confident with our chances of getting to the final as well. Second leg at Anfield is going to be absolutely wild.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Shame they didn't in the first leg. Pep far too conservative trying to be clever when they should have gone for it more in the first leg as even one goal scored may have made the difference tonight.

Great game though.

I think a few teams play too conservatively in the first leg, which is why I presume they have the away goals rule to try and get a bit more attacking going on. 

Really interesting that either Ajax or Tottenham are going to be in the final, but there is a hint of inevitability surrounding it all that Barcelona will just turn up and dispatch whoever they play. I would like to see Liverpool win and make it an interesting final. If Barca progress, I imagine we'll all be excited about the potential for an upset in the final but they will just romp it 4 or 5-1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

He's going to go down as one of the biggest wastes of talent in our lifetime, isn't he? Such a talented player and could've been the heir to Messi and Ronaldo, but he spends too much time being a nob on and off the pitch. I'd imagine the Brazilian media don't help matters. He's never going to win the Balon D'or, let alone make the three man shortlist again I reckon.

• Paid Members

Absolutely. I can't stand Ronaldo but to be honest I probably don't have a valid reason for it. He works his tits off and is an absolute professional. He's massively image conscious BUT that doesn't stop him from being one of the hardest working footballers going. But there's something to be said about being the golden boy of Brazilian footballer and loving the attention/lifestyle a bit too much isn't there?

• Paid Members

He needs the structure and discipline of a big club to get near Messi/Ronaldo. PSG indulges his worst tendencies on and off the pitch because he's bigger than the club. Coaches have been very open that Neymar basically does what he wants; fair enough if you score 50 a season, but he won't.