• Paid Members

A bit unfair on Robinho, really. He wasn't in China long and his performances in Turkey have actually been pretty good. Basaksehir are no mugs either, they've been a top four side for a few years now as well.

2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Neymar is like PSG's Robinho (remember him from Man City). Currently plying his trade for İstanbul Başakşehir F.K.after earning that Chinese money in 2015.

As much as Neymar is an annoying little prick of a man, I don't think that comparison is all that fair really. Robinho is a convicted rapist who's career has been somewhat patchy while Neymar will most likely leave PSG for Real Madrid at some point and go on to continue being successful.

Like most great players of this era, he's unfortunate to be plying his trade in the same era as both Messi and Ronaldo, as it means he'll likely never get the credit that his ability deserves.

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

A bit unfair on Robinho, really. He wasn't in China long and his performances in Turkey have actually been pretty good. Basaksehir are no mugs either, they've been a top four side for a few years now as well.

On course to win their first Super Lig as well. 

• Paid Members

Love this. What a player. Had a look at his Wiki page yesterday because I couldn't remember anything of his career after the 1998 World Cup (which he was left out of). Stunned to read some of his stats after that. Hell, he banged in 30 in 43 games for Vasco de Gama in 2005 when he was 39.

• Paid Members
On 4/29/2019 at 10:07 AM, David said:

Like most great players of this era, he's unfortunate to be plying his trade in the same era as both Messi and Ronaldo, as it means he'll likely never get the credit that his ability deserves.

Not sure that can be claimed anymore, having just seen Modric win all the player awards and Mbappe position himself as the man to start winning them from now on. Neymar was the one destined to end the dominance of Messi and Ronaldo once they started to slow down (which still hasn't really happened), but he's not even considered one of the top 5 in the world now. He has the ability to win the next Balon D'or and all that for sure, but he won't. And a lot of that is on him and how he conducts himself because FIFA, UEFA, the media and the players absolutely take that into account.

@tiger_rick ha, I did the same the other day! I ended up down a 'Brazilian forwards' rabbit hole. God knows how that started. Mad that he wasn't at Barca for very long, an 11 year old PunkStep was mesmerised by Romario. He was my hero during USA 94 (my first proper World Cup) and also when him and Stoichkov tore United apart that time.

Edited by PunkStep

6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Not sure that can be claimed anymore, having just seen Modric win all the player awards and Mbappe position himself as the man to start winning them from now on. Neymar was the one destined to end the dominance of Messi and Ronaldo once they started to slow down (which still hasn't really happened), but he's not even considered one of the top 5 in the world now. He has the ability to win the next Balon D'or and all that for sure, but he won't. And a lot of that is on him and how he conducts himself because FIFA, UEFA, the media and the players absolutely take that into account.

I'm not sure I'd write him off so soon. He's no more than a transfer to Real Madrid away from changing all of that, isn't he? He took the move to PSG despite the fact there was a good chance it wouldn't result in him winning the accolades he felt were denied him at Barcelona.

He's only 27 years old, so he's still young enough to make it happen. His much-touted move to Madrid would also provide us with the whole "master vs the pupil" angle between him and Messi, wouldn't it? The young upstart who ventured to the dark side, depending on how you look at it.

One thing is for sure, he needs to get out of France. He'll not accomplish anything there besides boosting his bank account.

• Paid Members

Oh he's definitely got plenty of time (and the ability) to be the top dog, I think a bigger obstacle preventing this isn't the league he plys his trade in (Mbappe plays there too remember, and I can see him winning Balon D'or whilst playing for PSG) but rather himself. That, and injuries. If he moves to say Real and the manager there convinces him to put in the effort expected of a player of his calibre then he has a better chance than anyone to be considered the best player in the world, such is his talent.

And I think he needs that discipline, to be honest. When he was at Barcelona he didn't get away with half the shit he does in Paris, and he was far more productive because of it.

Saying that, I won't be too disappointed if he leaves the game without fulfilling his potential, as he seems to be a prick of the highest order.

• Paid Members

I got 28/30 for the Champions League one. Wow, what the fuck happened in 1996??

Not even going to bother with the Europa one, even though it is THE most prestigious European competition today.

26 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I got 28/30 for the Champions League one. Wow, what the fuck happened in 1996??

Not even going to bother with the Europa one, even though it is THE most prestigious European competition today.

Got 26 on the champions league and 44 on the Europa one. It’s a bit easier as they give you the countries as a guide. 

• Paid Members

29 on the Champions League on my 2nd go. 27 the first time and then with a bit more time got

Kiev and Pana

46 on the Europa one. Some I just didn't know but there were 5 or 6 Spanish and german teams who aren't currently in the top flight, I don't think, who I'm kicking myself about.