Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Martial is the most frustrating one for me. Hes the most inconsistent when it comes to potential.. but as time goes on I'm starting to question just exactly what his potential is. The West Ham game was pretty telling. He was up against Zabaleta and hardly used his pace to take him on.

As for the others.. Young, Jones and Smalling shouldn't have been starting when Fergie was around, let alone now. Then there are wastes like Fred, Rojo, Sanchez who need shifting. Our best player in the last 5 years in De Gea is also having a mare. It's all a bit of a mess at the moment.

At least this time I'm hoping that with the fans' support of Ole, it's the players' necks that are on the line now.

What was the deal with United wearing pink? In all the years we've played United I don't recall either side wearing an away strip. Couldn't believe just how bad United were, that was an easier win for us than the 3-0 a couple of seasons back, at least United gave us a fight that day. What is frustrating is how Jekyll and Hyde things have been as of late, we outclassed Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham, the latter with relative ease then get run around by a relegated Fulham last week only to go do that today. There's still a lot of the fans base who have doubts over Silva but hopefully the signs are there for next year, especially after another clearout of the guff left over from the last 3 managers 

Maybe not as relevant to some of the younger forum members, but Billy McNeil, the first British player to lift the European cup has passed away aged 79. A true one-club man, he played 486 times for Celtic over a period of eighteen years, winning nine league championships, thirteen domestic cups and the European cup itself.

It's insane to think today that the Celtic team that won the European cup back then comprised of not only all Scottish players, but players who had all been born within a 30 mile radius of Glasgow itself.

McNeil was also manager of Manchester City and Villa in the 80's, winning promotion from the old 2nd division with Citeh. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I don't see anyone coming close out of that lot. Harry Kane is the only possibility in my view, but he'd need 20 goals a season for the next 7 campaigns. Seems possible, but his injuries are starting to become more frequent now.