Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's interesting isnt it.. they got 2 good results against City without Kane.. are Spurs as a whole better off without him because there are more players that excel? I'm sure their record over the many months Kane has been injured in the last few years isnt too bad.

Similar to Van Nistelrooy. As much as I loved him.. him leaving benefitted the team big time. There wasnt a single focal point up top anymore 

I'm sure I'll be shown up here but is Kane a classic example of a flat track bully? Sure you dont miss him as much against top class opposition where he'd have been up against it anyway but it's the other 30 odd games where he scores for fun you'll miss him. Might be bollocks and I'm sure there'll be stats to prove otherwise if that the case.

Harry Kane is Spurs best player. The fact we have a decent record without him is that everyone steps up when he’s not playing to compensate.

I don’t want to be too biased but he really is more than just a goal scorer and adds a lot to the whole team and the way we play. He’s fucking excellent and the games we win without him, I’m sure we’d win with him too...

...probably should’ve squared it to Raheem though 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, gmoney said:

Finidi George to get a brace. 

yEZ74g.gif

1 hour ago, Murtz said:

It's interesting isnt it.. they got 2 good results against City without Kane.. are Spurs as a whole better off without him because there are more players that excel?

They did really well without him while he was injured. The moment he came back, their form went to shit. Coincidence? Possibly, but it's something worth thinking about.

19 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Harry Kane is Spurs best player.

Disagree with this. He's by far your best goalscorer, and one of the best goalscorers in the league (possibly world), but I don't think he's your best player. I'd say Eriksen is far more talented. Kane isn't as rounded as most top strikers in the league, but he has an incredible knack of finding space and finishing. His hold-up play has improved considerably for England over the past several months too, from which Sterling has really benefited.

That’s your opinion mate, which you’re entitled to obviously. His hold up play and passing when he drops deep is incredibly good, which makes him in my opinion our best player. I think we’d miss him a lot more than Eriksen and trust me I’m a big fan of his.

Interested to see who you think are the more rounded strikers in the league.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Interested to see who you think are the more rounded strikers in the league.

Aguero, Firmino, Lacazette, Olivier Giroud (<3), Aubameyang, Arnautovic, Callum Wilson.

He's clearly no tap-in merchant, and his all-round game has improved a lot, but I think the above are some examples of more rounded strikers.