Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

You know what I mean. I mean Pep is bald, and him running up that touchline and then crumbling to his knees means VAR is quite possibly the greatest thing to ever happen to the game. 

I’d actually like the VAR to have a voice. And it booms the decision over the stadium speakers. They could change the voices every so often. Get celebs in. Imagine Brian Blessed screaming “Offside!!!! No goal” that’d be wicked 

• Paid Members

Exciting match. I think I heard some crowd noise from mine while I was trying to get to sleep. 

City probably left the stereo on.

I think Spurs should beat Ajax, they're the one side left who wouldn't under estimate the tie but it seems like the most Spursy thing in the world to get this far and get knocked out by them.

I think Liverpool vs Ajax is what the people want to see anyway. Two salt of the earth clubs just doing it for the people.

7 hours ago, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

It did. Not seen it back like I said but plenty have said their goal was dubious.

The goal was correctly awarded and City's late "winner" was correctly ruled out. VAR administered justice tonight, which it is supposed to do.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Sir Colin from Cardiff said:

Absolutely crazy game. VAR spoilt one of the all time Champions League

Nonsense. Not only did it add to the drama, but it was administered correctly and meant that two major decisions were made correctly.

And this is coming from an Arsenal fan that wishes otherwise.

• Paid Members

I don't love VAR and never wanted it but that's some of the best use of it I've seen.

Incidentally, from next season, that Llorente goal will be disallowed. Any touch of the ball by a hand or arm that leads to a goal will be handball regardless of meaning. On current law, it's the right decision.