Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Are you actually being serious? I think you know quite a bit about the game and am actually struggling to think of a response to that. But again, that’s your opinion...

As serious as a nosebleed.

Edit: still mulling over whether I should add Troy Deeney to that list.

Edited by PunkStep

• Moderators

Boil piss? I'm not the one being defensive after their team over achieving in one of the greatest games ever played. 

Small club mentality from a fairweather fan. 

fishing GIF

Edited by PowerButchi

What? When have I been defensive? I am fucking ecstatic that we are through to a champions league semi final, OVER ACHIEVING again. I think we deserved to go through over the two legs but arguably rode our luck a bit.

Fairweather fan? What because I can’t afford to go much? Have a fucking word with yourself 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Aguero, Firmino, Lacazette, Olivier Giroud (<3), Aubameyang, Arnautovic, Callum Wilson.

He's clearly no tap-in merchant, and his all-round game has improved a lot, but I think the above are some examples of more rounded strikers.

With my obvious old gold tinted specs, I'd add Jimenez to that list too. Actually think Rashford will easily develop into a better rounded striker too, he's nearly there already. 

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Of course, right again. As usual. Sorry I don’t have that level of ego. Apologies for having a discussion on a discussion forum. Enjoy the rest of your night. 

Will do. I don't rate being fairweather on buying tickets to watch a top flight club. That'd be thick as fuck when it costs so much, and unfair on people who've supported their club through thick and thin from a young age non stop. Regardless of results.

Weather-report-Monday-April13.jpg

I don’t dispute that at all. I didnt watch much football between about 98 and 02 due to being a surly teenager and having my dreams crushed of making it as an actual professional player. I fell out of love with it big time. I think we’ve been shit on many occasion, but as with any personal experience, that’s all relative and I’d never think for one moment that I haven’t been privileged to support and see my very rich club, have great players and been privileged to have been to some great places because of them. 

For instance I can recall every single international tournament in my lifetime, but I don’t remember a single thing about Euro 2000. So yeah, between the ages of 13 and 18ish I didnt really watch.

Haha, why the fuck am I justifying my level of being a ‘fan’ to you? I must be mental. Well done Butchi, you got your nibble and my piss is “well boiled”. Never pick an argument with you eh? End of the day, I’m no fairweather fan. I fucking love my club. You love yours. That’s lovely. I’ll enjoy it if we get to the final. You’ll be happy if Ajax pump us. The cosmic ballet goes on. 

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Haha, why the fuck am I justifying my level of being a ‘fan’ to you?

Because you felt you had to.  But it's hardly on the scale of those fans who will go to great lengths to show they aren't a glory supporter.  "Yes I'm from Coventry but I support Man Utd because my dad does"  Great, then your dad is a glory supporter too but I'm sure if he was an Oldham fan you'd be going up to Boundary Park every few months.