Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

7 minutes ago, Fox Piss said:

Man City are dropping points somewhere on this run and that's from a City fan. So fixture wise you've got to favor Liverpool unless Big Game Wolves aren't on the beach in Portugal come the last day. 

That's a fixture I think a lot of us are understating the importance of, in terms of how capable Wolves are of getting something from that game. We can hopefully afford to rest a couple of players in Porto, and we should breeze through Huddersfield and Cardiff, whereas City have Spurs twice and then United. If you don't drop points from either of those games, it's yours for the taking.

20 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

No, but being knocked out of the UCL means they have only one focus point for the rest of the season, meaning anything out of the City game will be far more significant.

It really isn't bizzare. 

Yes it is, because you’re saying that if those teams stay in the Champions League, they take the league game less seriously. A complete falsehood, and this whole “they’re in 2 cups, this is better for their opponents” thing is bollocks. I’d want my team in every competition. 

Spurs and United will want to do everything they can to win those league games regardless of what competitions they’re in. I hope we absolutely smash City next Saturday. I’m sure United will feel the same in their game. 

“But that’ll hand Liverpool the league” 

I bet the players couldn’t give a flying fuck about that to be honest.

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Yes it is, because you’re saying that if those teams stay in the Champions League, they take the league game less seriously. A complete falsehood, and this whole “they’re in 2 cups, this is better for their opponents” thing is bollocks. I’d want my team in every competition. 

Spurs and United will want to do everything they can to win those league games regardless of what competitions they’re in. I hope we absolutely smash City next Saturday. I’m sure United will feel the same in their game. 

“But that’ll hand Liverpool the league” 

I bet the players couldn’t give a flying fuck about that to be honest.

No I'm not suggesting that, my point was that being out the Champions League would give United more drive for the league and in turn would allow their players to be fresher due to less games played (I'm not sure on the UCL dates for the semi-finals so that may or may not be relevant). Of course they'll want to win the games, that was never in question. They'll want to win the games moreso because they have the added incentive of having something to play for in terms of a top four spot. I'm not an idiot who's going to suggest that Diogo Dalot and Fred have any interest in how their result against City impacts the title race.

47 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

I'll be rooting for Barcelona on Tuesday so that both United and Spurs go into their Premier League fixtures with something to play for.

This is what you said. Insinuating that if they got through to the semis, they wouldn’t have anything to play for in the league games. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:47 PM, Max Power said:

And that cunt Ross Wallace

Barton and Evans, but you pick out Ross Wallace as a cunt? Christ, Barnsley fans really hate Wednesday don't you?

Fuck Barton. He's got serious issues. Worst possible type of person to be given a position of power.

4 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

I hope you are ok buddy. LFC Gonna be the Champ Champs with the EPL and Champs League! Enjoy it! It’s in the bag! Cannie wait for the Neutrals favourites to do it.

Worst. Kind. Of. Kopite. 

What Red would even speak like that? You would get a slapping of both sides of the city speaking shit like that

6 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Barton and Evans, but you pick out Ross Wallace as a cunt? Christ, Barnsley fans really hate Wednesday don't you?

Fuck Barton. He's got serious issues. Worst possible type of person to be given a position of power.

Absolutely Ross Wallace is a cunt. Firstly, stemming from his behaviour against us as a Preston player a few years back, and secondly stemming from him being a cunt on Saturday.

I know you're such a massive club, but not everything is about you.

• Paid Members

Absolutely crazy game. VAR spoilt one of the all time Champions League classics.,City didn’t deserve to go out. That’s what happens when you don’t take your chances in the first leg. Mental start, four goals in the first ten minutes. For 60’seconds there it was electric when Sterling got his hatrick only to be denied. Anyway I caught Spurs winner there. Someone said there was a handball in the buildup but honestly need to watch it back when I get home.

Rarely watch City as I’m a Bolton fan so just in Europe. But was looking at seeing that Ajax team before it gets dismantled this summer. Saw the Monaco game a few years back and that was something else. 

I thought destiny was going to bring Pep’s City against Barcelona in Spain in June. That’s gone now. Can’t see Spurs beating Ajax but the Liverpool vs Barca tie will be an absolute pleasure to watch. Messi, Suarez & Dembele vs Salah, Mane & Firmino. If on defender cam stop Messi, Virgil can.

Is there a better English player at this moment than Sterling? I don’t buy the Kane argument.

Edited by Sir Colin from Cardiff

VAR got it spot on with the Llorente goal and the Sterling “goal”. Spurs deserved to win that tie over two legs. 

Ajax will be tough but then so we’re Dortmund and City.

Oil money can suck my dick. We’re in the semi final with that squad and where we were in the group stage. You fucking LOVE TO SEE IT.