Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

8. Was never getting that Newcastle midfielder, and struggled on the goalie one, as it was so obvious. 

But what do you expect from a fairweather football fan.

@air_raid think you’re correct on Toby’s clause, but can see a lot of clubs testing it. Not convinced he’ll stay, but fair play to him. He’s been immense this year

• Paid Members

I saw the Newcastle midfielder recently otherwise I might have struggled. He was on the coaching staff at Ipswich U18. Baffling how little attention anyone paid him. He's got 30-odd England caps and played in a world cup. And I say coaching staff, his job just seemed to be dragging the drinks cooler and then sitting on it.

Steve Ogrizovic is retiring (as in proper retiring) at the end of the season.  Since hanging up the gloves, he's been the goalkeeping coach and reserve boss at Coventry and was pretty much considered "Mr Coventry".  Nice to see some old names such as Hedman and Kirkland praising him on Twitter.  Skip to just before the 4 minute mark to see him score a goal.

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

I read the article on the Cov website about it yesterday and it said he scored a goal from a goal kick. Spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to imagine it. That makes much more sense.

Top man, Oggy. i think I first really became aware of him before Italia 90 (Only saw the 87 Cup Final later on video). I had a video where Brian Clough picked his squad and I'm sure Oggy was one of the goalies he was considering. That would be a throwaway YouTube vid these days I guess.

11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I had a video where Brian Clough picked his squad and I'm sure Oggy was one of the goalies he was considering

There was an exhibition match where it was a football league XI against a world team and Oggy played in goal, we were teary eyed with pride.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

There was an exhibition match where it was a football league XI against a world team and Oggy played in goal, we were teary eyed with pride.

Yeah, I've got that game. Wasn't it the Football League Centenary game at Wembley? Maradona was in the ROW side. That's another of my earliest memories. Remember reading about it in a Rothman's type book I had previewing 88/89 season.

image.thumb.png.e9e316a32f7c9ac08392fe4b0c605d8f.png

Edited by tiger_rick