Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Just got back from Oakwell on a day that(results wise), couldn't have been any better. Promotion is back in our own hands now, and thanks to Luton losing, Barnsley have a very real chance of actually winning a league for the first time in my lifetime(and long before that even!)!!! YOU REDS!!!!!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Am I less of a Hammer for having a small interest in other lower league clubs? 

I never said you were. I always thought there was a fierce rivalry- probably because the few Orient fans I know hate West Ham immensely.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I never said you were. I always thought there was a fierce rivalry- probably because the few Orient fans I know hate West Ham immensely.

That’s amazing. Now your comment (whilst still surprising to me) makes complete sense. But back before the move and season tickets were hard to get, I knew quite a few fans who got O season tickets. Other then Spurs/Arsenal as rivals, are biggest is dirty Millwall 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

But the situation is fucking dire at the moment. I never want to see Rose in midfield or Llorente and Janssen on a pitch together. Or Foyth at right back.

We are short and people are playing out of position to make do.

Jannsen actually did ok when he came on. And Danny Rose put in a shift as always, vilified by the armchair brigade but for the people that actually go to games he’s one of our hardest workers. Sonny on the other hand was dreadful all game (as opposed to every being poor in the second half), considering he’s not playing Tuesday he should’ve run himself into the ground today. 

• Paid Members

This isn’t technically on topic but I just wanted to say...

I was at the Spurs game earlier as I work for a charity supported by the club. I was working before the match - going around collecting donations from people. I just wanted to say how amazing everyone was and so very generous. I was mostly in the Marketplace area and it was a fantastic atmosphere. We were trialling our new contactless donation devices (the whole stadium is cashless so we aren’t allowed to shake our buckets any more) and loads were saying how great it was to just tap. We even ended up getting pulled into the melee of singers and it was just brilliant.

Only one miserable old fart told us to fuck off and even then his mates laid into him.

So, I just wanted to say a huge thanks to any Spurs supporters who were at the game. Even if you didn’t donate, you were some of the politest decliners I’ve met in my two years of working at a charity 💙

9 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

On the opposite end of the scale it has just been leaked that Alexis Sanchez for Man Utd has recieved £30 million in wages since joining in January 2018.

His weekly wage is £391,000 per week + an extra £75,000 if he starts a game. This has to be one of the worst signings in EPL history. Is it Mr Woodward who is responsible for this? 

I'm not sure if the stories of his wages are true and of course you couldn't justify them if they was, but how much did United save in both transfer fee (free signing) & by off loading Mkhitaryan? The end result would still not probably justify the spend but I am guessing its no where near £30m. 

25 minutes ago, Rapey Eyes said:

We are short and people are playing out of position to make do.

Jannsen actually did ok when he came on. And Danny Rose put in a shift as always, vilified by the armchair brigade but for the people that actually go to games he’s one of our hardest workers. Sonny on the other hand was dreadful all game (as opposed to every being poor in the second half), considering he’s not playing Tuesday he should’ve run himself into the ground today. 

Danny Rose is one of my favourite players but he is not a midfielder. Janssen tried very hard, and was unlucky at the end. I cannot believe he is only 24. Watch him go back to the Eredivisie and pull a Tadic. 

Alli had one of the worst games I’ve ever seen him have, and looked shattered. Tuesday is one of the biggest games in our history, and Ajax will carve us open at will if we play like we did today. I don’t know who will play up top. Probably Llorente, and he is just nowhere good enough I’m afraid.

@Monkee glad you’re fully COYS now :)

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Danny Rose is one of my favourite players but he is not a midfielder. Janssen tried very hard, and was unlucky at the end. I cannot believe he is only 24. Watch him go back to the Eredivisie and pull a Tadic. 

Alli had one of the worst games I’ve ever seen him have, and looked shattered. Tuesday is one of the biggest games in our history, and Ajax will carve us open at will if we play like we did today. I don’t know who will play up top. Probably Llorente, and he is just nowhere good enough I’m afraid.

Everything Alli tried failed miserably. When he goes missing he is a big loss for the team, his normal holding the ball up and bringing people into play is very underrated. 

What stand are you in on Tuesday? I’m north upper and boy is it a long way up 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I’ve got to be, haven’t I? 😁 I was hanging out with Pochettino and Jesus Perez on Wednesday as they were filming at the hospice. And the BBC were there with Gary Lineker. Poch is such a nice guy. So down to earth - he was playing with a little girl who’s supported by us. She’s non-verbal but very affectionate and he was hugging her and talking to her. It was adorable. I’m definitely turning blue!

28 minutes ago, Rapey Eyes said:

Everything Alli tried failed miserably. When he goes missing he is a big loss for the team, his normal holding the ball up and bringing people into play is very underrated. 

What stand are you in on Tuesday? I’m north upper and boy is it a long way up 

North Lower. Very excited.

@Monkee that’s awesome. I love Poch more than most of my family members tbh 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Monkee said:

I’m definitely turning blue!

Not blue Monkee, you associate blue with Chelsea! Spurs don't 'go' by a colour in terms of nicknames as such, unless you hark back to yesteryear and say you're a lilywhite.

Sounds like you have a great and rewarding job there :)

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Fancy your chances in the playoffs Butch?

No. We'll squeak past Eastleigh at home on Thursday in the quarters and be treated like Jodie Foster on a pinball table a week today in the semis against that tinpot Salford Scum. Salford are paying Adam Rooney £3,000 a week. Fucking pisstake. We may have turned Salford over at home on Boxing Day 5-1, but that was with 12,000 Wrexham supporters baying for blood at the Racecourse. We fell apart at there place 3-0 I think, on New years day. Solihull Moors will beat them in the final, Luther Blissett's nephew, all 6'6 and muscle of him suits their anti-football and he's been scoring for fun.

Haven't even got a proper ground, or proper fans have Solihull. Nor have Salford. I'm chuffed Leyton Orient went up, as at Wrexham we've said all season we'd rather them went up than the tinpot wankers all around us.

Edited by PowerButchi