WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

On 6/7/2019 at 9:35 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

NXT UK had tryouts yesterday, I can recognise Session Moth Martina, Jamie Hayter, Chardonnay and Candyfloss In there, not sure on the rest.

D8aOr78WkAQX77l?format=jpg&name=medium

Both Kanji and Rhio have worked at the NXT:UK Downland Festival shows this weekend, so that's probably a strong indicator of who has been signed.

Didn't get it at first but I love WALTER. He's so awesome as the champ. So refreshing in 2019 to see a stoic, no-nonsense giant at the top of the mountain, especially when the main roster has completely fucked the credibility of its big guys and has mid carders and the bosses 50 year old kid on top. Loved him against Travis Banks, classic 'chop down the tree' stuff with WALTER only leaving his feet when he has to. Great impactful finish to this as well. 

The Primate and The Wild Boar grunting around a field in their wellies was gold. Holy shit, sticking Dave Mastiff with these two is genius. What a trio! NXT UK is stacked with awesome stables at the minute and I'm all for stables. 

Zack Gibson there with another textbook heel promo. Could listen to those sweet scouse tones all day. Good on them for not having Drake say a word, just let him point at the belt and make the big gestures. I hope they learn that lesson with Imperium and let Barthel do the talking. Having them all take turns to recite their lines kills their mystique. WALTER should just stand there and make mean faces.

• Awards Moderator

I did have a problem with the main event in that it took WALTER far too long to beat Travis Banks. His shoe is as big as Banks’ whole body and he could have just stood on him. That might be a slight exaggeration but it felt like Spike Dudley and Big Show out there and any offence Banks got just made me think ‘WALTER let him do that’. Banks’ offence just doesn’t match with the massively undersized underdog he should be. WALTER looked dominant as a champ, though, which is the way they should be going with Imperium.

Zack Gibson is great but it’s been ages since he had a match, has he been injured or something? 

Enjoying Noam Dar’s “boy who cried knee injury” shtick.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

not seen any of that but Dar's comedy/romance thing with a female wrestler on the main showa couple of years ago was one of the worst things ive ever seen in wrestling, i was ashamed of myself for watching it.