WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

I think those websites are talking bollocks.

It's the 3rd most watched weekly show on there usually, behind NXT and Ride Along.  Higher than 205 Live most the time.

6th most watched show this week and that's a PPV week, also a Network special live event this week.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I think those websites are talking bollocks.

It's the 3rd most watched weekly show on there usually, behind NXT and Ride Along.  Higher than 205 Live most the time.

6th most watched show this week and that's a PPV week, also a Network special live event this week.

Yeah, well the NXT-UK roster is quite big, so you add up their viewership along with their proud mums watching along too and telling all their mates to watch, and you're gonna get those numbers.

Edited by Accident Prone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

This week’s episode has a fantastic main event of WALTER vs Trent Seven. Trent plays his role brilliantly throughout, WALTER is the imposing bastard heel he needs to be, and I got really into the story they were telling. Top level stuff, really recommend checking it out.

The City of Culture thing runs through to the end of 2020, not that you’d know because everyone seemed to think it was just for the one year.

The building of the venue that  they’re running (Bonus Arena) is the most Hull thing ever:

November 2013- Hull named City of Culture, promises of new/refurbished venues

December 2016- “shit! Better start building that new arena we promised for 2017”, knock down on the main City Centre car parks in the run-in to Christmas 

Januaey 2017-April 2017- building of Arena delayed due it being fucking winter!

May 2017- construction begins

August 2018- Arena opens, site of old car park is build on with a car park

Edited by WyattSheepMask

30 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The City of Culture thing runs through to the end of 2020, not that you’d know because everyone seemed to think it was just for the one year.

The building of the venue that  they’re running (Bonus Arena) is the most Hull thing ever:

November 2013- Hull named City of Culture, promises of new/refurbished venues

December 2016- “shit! Better start building that new arena we promised for 2017”, knock down on the main City Centre car parks in the run-in to Christmas 

Januaey 2017-April 2017- building of Arena delayed due it being fucking winter!

May 2017- construction begins

August 2018- Arena opens, site of old car park is build on with a car park

Also, wasn't the Gemtec/Vulcan whatever-the-hell-it's-called-now arena called Bonus Arena at one point?

I want WWE back at the Ice Arena dammit! I loved seeing Batista stand on the top turnbuckle and his head almost hit the ring lights and having the concession stand outside the venue because the place is so small. 

10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m pretty sure Brentwood Centre is the first place TNA went to outside of the US

Not sure if they had done some Canadian house shows before but was the 3rd show on their UK tour of Liverpool, Coventry, Brentwood. They did do a joint show in Portugal a few years before though...this really isn't that important is it..

Good to see them using the smaller venues though with Plymouth recently and these two although I guess both will be dimmed lights, could be anywhere affairs. 

I’ve only been to the Bonus Arena once since it opened, but to compare it to somewhere, it’ll be similar in size to the Cambridge Corn Exchange shows they did right at the start, although not with that ye old times feel.

They shouldn’t be booking any of the large arenas because there clearly isn’t enough interest there to even half fill them. I am tempted to go along to the Hull tapings though as the cheap seats are only £18 and there’s the chance you might get moved forward to fill empty space

Edited by WyattSheepMask