WWE launches new U.K. series - NXT UK

wordsfromlee

Just got round to watching this weeks show.

* I’m sorry, but I really don’t see what others apparently do in Toni Storm. I’ve never completely  enjoyed any of her matches, but she’s at worst when doing promos. Having Rhea Ripley do s promo immediately after her just emphasised it, it was night and day.

* While we’ve established that his gear is crap, I’m still struggling to buy Eddie Dennis as a menacing heel

* “You know what they say Nigel, ‘what goes up, must go around” - Who has ever said that

@tiger_rick, you went to these Coventry tapings didn’t you? As we can only 6 rows deep, was attendance really that poor?

theyre running the Braehead arena and Plymouth Pavillions for 2 nights each this year with download tapings inbetween. They either mustn't care about the wasted money or have booked these places up too far in advance to change them but running two nights in a row seems absolutely mad when Raw/SD tapings fail to fill a venue back to back in the UK. I'd rather they stuck to smaller venues with style or perhaps some history, Blackpool and Cambridge looked awesome because they were so different looking. 

Hopefully they use the Raw and Smackdown UK shows to show off some of the UK guys while sending over a main roster guy or two to do a taping and help garner interest. 

I get what you’re saying, but having the show in places like Ye Olde Corn Exchange doesn’t exactly scream showbiz razzle dazzle

Its a balance that’s to hard to achieve. If you were to put it on at the O2 it would embarrassing, yet you don’t want to the show look small time coming from some video game convention every week (no disrespect to any convention goers)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

* I’m sorry, but I really don’t see what others apparently do in Toni Storm. I’ve never completely  enjoyed any of her matches, but she’s at worst when doing promos. Having Rhea Ripley do s promo immediately after her just emphasised it, it was night and day.

Another thing it highlighted  - Toni has definitely been told to mask her Aussie accent, right?

Like I know she has been based over here for a while now but I'm certain age sounded proper Oz not that long ago.

Man this weeks show was rough going. I appreciate that guys are getting promo time but boy a lot of them are baaad. Highlight of the show was Kassius Ohno showing up and knocking the fuck out of that annoying whoop! guy. And Rhea Ripley. She should be moved to NXT proper after the next call ups. She’s ready.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm playing catch up today. A couple more episodes to go. I don't subscribe to the observer or anything.

I was wondering who books NXT UK week to week? Also who are the trainer's in the UK PC?

I was wondering with the poor sales, whether they may go "on tour", hitting up Guildhalls and those type of venues. Maybe 10 venues over a few weeks, around the country. Unlike the US, distance isn't an issue so I would assume logistics wouldn't be too hard to set up. Spreads the word, chance to sell merch, and scout local guys for the PC.

(Probably talking out my arse, I blame painpills.)

2 hours ago, DEF said:

I'm playing catch up today. A couple more episodes to go. I don't subscribe to the observer or anything.

I was wondering who books NXT UK week to week? Also who are the trainer's in the UK PC?

Jim Smallman is the head writer, and Shawn Michaels produces the shows, unless anything has recently changed.

17 hours ago, Simpo said:

Jim Smallman is the head writer, and Shawn Michaels produces the shows, unless anything has recently changed.

Neither of them two would be my first choices.

I thought it was hilarious how the WWE seemed to think they could just take over the UK scene and make tonnes of money, charging high ticket prices in massive venues. Most people in the know in British Wrestling would understand how limited the market is and how hard it is to consistently turn a profit.

I totally get  why the WWE have come over here, my whole point is that it was never going to be the easy ride that they thought it was going to be.

12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Who would be your first choice for either spot?

It a hard one to answer because of the constraints of WWE in the "PG era", which killed my interest in the product and encouraged "Hollywood Script Writers" to be employed over what had been "Wrestling People".

So my choice for the creative direction, would have to be someone who has years of experience in most aspects of Professional Wrestling. I would say that Smallman has no in ring experience that i am aware and while nobody can question Michaels as a performer, he has had "issues" and been inactive, with little knowledge of today's wrestlers.

I would choose Paul Heyman and/or Jim Cornette or whoever are deemed to have the same qualities in today's wrestling climate?