The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

On 9/28/2023 at 8:43 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

He literally has his own political party in reclaim uk.

The thing is, he presumably knows he's never going to get elected, as will his financial backers. If you're funding a party like this, you are likely doing it for one of two reasons - either you're deluded; or you've seen how successful UKIP and the Brexit Party were at pushing the Tories further to the right, and you want to continue that push.

They're a political party with an asterisk - I suspect that they exist to influence, and push someone like Suella Braverman into a leadership position; and, potentially, number 10. They may not be successful at winning votes, but they are, sadly, disproportionately successful at influencing political discussion both on social media and in the news.

EDIT: Point being, I think he's a relevant point of discussion here. 

DOUBLE EDIT: I thought this was the Tory thread when writing this after clicking the wrong link, oops.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

EDIT: Point being, I think he's a relevant point of discussion here. 

Much as I condemn him, I'd say probably not at the moment - he hasn't been accused of anything.

That said, given what he's just enabled in Wootton, his ostensible sense of entitlement, and the sheer vociferousness of his narrative of "resisting the woke" over the past few years, I would not be surprised if he becomes relevant to it soon. 

11 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Much as I condemn him, I'd say probably not at the moment - he hasn't been accused of anything.

He hasn't, but I'd argue that he doesn't have to be. He's attempting to push a discussion about "manliness", saying things like "the feminisation of men is a cancer on society". He's also stood by people accused of some pretty awful things. 

But the former is a massive problem - and a relevant point of discussion. If you're going to discuss problematic individuals, I think it's pertinent to discuss narratives that enable said individuals. The idea that a man should, or can behave in a certain way enables and perhaps encourages toxic masculinity. In a thread like this, I think it's hugely important to discuss the attitudes that have led to a 107-page thread existing about the wrongdoings of powerful men. 

I should also hold my hands up though - when I made the edit, I incorrectly thought I was in the Tories are cunts thread...

Regarding Fox, I think he belongs here, surely those comments he made about Ava Evan's can be considered as sexual harassment?

If he had made those comments off air to his mate, it would just be a distasteful conversation but to say it in public where he knew she would hear it, I think is harassment.

Edited by deathrey

15 minutes ago, deathrey said:

If he had made those comments off air to his mate, it would just be a distasteful conversation but to say it in public where he knew she would hear it, I think is harassment.

Absolutely it is. It's bringing a woman's appearance into a news item and then commenting on the sexual nature of that woman. She didn't asked to be talked about like that and it was in no way relevant to the point they were discussing. It also adds to a discussion about how she looks which has nothing to do with her job

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

Regarding Fox, I think he belongs here, surely those comments he made about Ava Evan's can be considered as sexual harassment?

This comment has highlighted how much I have to learn on the subject.

I thought that as Fox's comments were about how unattractive Ava Evans is, they fall under misogyny rather than sexual harassment.

I'll try and do better.

It's funny how a daft wrestling forum can make you grow as a person.

Despite saying this - 

"Secondly. I stand by every word of what I said. If a woman wants to go on television and belittle male suicide, she is totally within her rights to do so and not apologise, just as I am totally within my rights to say that I wouldn’t want to shag a hyper offended 4th wave feminist and not apologise, just as people are totally within their rights to be offended by my stating I would run a mile in the opposite direction from women like her, should our paths cross in a bar."

Fox has now done a really shit non-apology in which he repeated the comments and then claimed he was the victim of some giant conspiracy.  Meanwhile more GB News presenters are being suspended for defending him, even though he's now rowed back on his comments.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.  As a man, it's just embarrassing to watch these self-professed "proper men" whinging and crying whenever there are repercussions for their actions and words.  Man up Lawrence - you chat shit, you get hit.  

17 minutes ago, Loki said:

Despite saying this - 

Fox has now done a really shit non-apology in which he repeated the comments and then claimed he was the victim of some giant conspiracy.  Meanwhile more GB News presenters are being suspended for defending him, even though he's now rowed back on his comments.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.  As a man, it's just embarrassing to watch these self-professed "proper men" whinging and crying whenever there are repercussions for their actions and words.  Man up Lawrence - you chat shit, you get hit.  

They’ve got the fake priest now. Last time I was at the in laws he was on and I was muttering under my breath. He ended his show with a prayer, and my girlfriend acted like she was in an evangelical church, hands facing skyward and saying “AMEN, PRAISE JESUS!!” And laughing her head off for 5 minutes. I think that’s a far better takedown than a nuanced dissection of his bullshit. 

Speaking of Fox and Wootton, I remember they were on about boycotting Marks and Spencers over something or other and John fucking Gaunt of all people was a guest on their show and said something along the lines of “You two present yourself as the kings of free speech and anti cancel culture and here you are urging people to cancel a shop. You’re pathetic, both of you”

When that twat has the better of you, you’ve fucking lost. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

They’ve got the fake priest now. Last time I was at the in laws he was on and I was muttering under my breath. He ended his show with a prayer, and my girlfriend acted like she was in an evangelical church, hands facing skyward and saying “AMEN, PRAISE JESUS!!” And laughing her head off for 5 minutes. I think that’s a far better takedown than a nuanced dissection of his bullshit. 

When he used to show up to far-right rallies in Honor Oak (which Fox is apparently doing tomorrow), he was regularly drowned out by chants of "You're not a real vicar".

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

When he used to show up to far-right rallies in Honor Oak (which Fox is apparently doing tomorrow), he was regularly drowned out by chants of "You're not a real vicar".

I was pretty pleased to kick off a chant of 'There are more people here than watch your show' at one of those.

11 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I was pretty pleased to kick off a chant of 'There are more people here than watch your show' at one of those.

CHRIS B GOES TO FAR RIGHT RALLIES!!!! Watch him try and weasel out of it and say he was counter protesting or something. What was the tune for that chant, out of interest?

I saw someone quip that with close to 8,000 complaints, is Woottons show the first to have more complaints than viewers?