The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

9 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Another incredibly depressing article, from the BBC News websites. I suppose it’s a difficult one from a legal perspective for the FA, I’m not sure what they could actually do if there’s been no conviction. I also had no idea that - in England at least (no idea if it applies in Scotland) - there was the equivalent of a statute of limitations on certain sex assault cases. Crazy.

In most cases no charges even brought. Should people lose their job because of allegations? The club can choose not to play them or a club can choose not to sign them.

19 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Should people lose their job because of allegations

It’s a matter of internal investigations innit. If the club received the allegations and just dismissed them without any investigations, that’s shite. I mean, show them your DMs at least. 

When it comes to matters of gross misconduct, it’s very important to remember that “Beyond a reasonable doubt” doesn’t apply. Those making the decision base it on the evidence they have and if they’re satisfied it’s a dismissal, that will happen. Because it’s essentially opinion, that’s where tribunals come into play If they uncover any illegality, they should pass this on to the authorities. 

Even with charges brought, and even convictions, you can still keep your job if your employer is ok with that. I once worked with a bloke who knew he was being sent down for drunk driving. We went to HR and were completely upfront with what happened and when he got released 10 months later, he returned to work. 

11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s a matter of internal investigations innit. If the club received the allegations and just dismissed them without any investigations, that’s shite. I mean, show them your DMs at least. 

That's ultimately why the United situation was so ridiculous as he wasn't charged but the evidence was incredibly overwhelming and they were trying to downplay it as 'new evidence had emerged' which was incredibly vague.

It's depressing but not a surprise. Thomas Partey was publicly outed as a rapist. We saw evidence in which he admitted to it and laughed about it. No punishment, played on and largely forgotten about. It's bullshit and add in the pathetic partisanship of football support and "our lads can do no wrong" type mentalities just paints a more depressing picture.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

It's depressing but not a surprise. Thomas Partey was publicly outed as a rapist. We saw evidence in which he admitted to it and laughed about it. No punishment, played on and largely forgotten about. It's bullshit and add in the pathetic partisanship of football support and "our lads can do no wrong" type mentalities just paints a more depressing picture.

Ongoing police investigation, as per probably best to not start throwing names out there. This is not a private forum. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is one of those where I am not in the least bit surprised.  

Also Rebel Wilson's accusations against Sacha Baron-Cohen don't surprise me in the least either.

12 minutes ago, deathrey said:

This pretty much proves that Diddy off'd Biggie, it wasn't just to make millions, Biggie found out he was a wrong 'un.

ross geller GIF

So Pac was right to say all that shit about him on Hit Em Up. 

"If you down with Bad Boy then fuck you too"

As renowned feminist Notorious B.I.G once said, all the ladies if you hear me, grab your titties for B.I.G.

10 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Women consensually grabbing themselves is a very different kettle of fish @Loki

Very true, I was just making a light joke about rap music and misogyny in general.  There are worse lyrics just in that song to be honest!  Not actually read up on what Diddy is accused of, as like most of you I'd assumed he was a wrongun for years.

Edited by Loki