The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone feel like me and not give a shit when these prats bang on about the "deep state" and "corporate collusion"? Honestly don't care if there is a one world government and a big conspiracy to suppress us all. 

As long as I can still eat my noodles and crisps and watch Spurs, I'm not arsed.

"Big pharma dictates government policy" no shit Sherlock!

5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone feel like me and not give a shit when these prats bang on about the "deep state" and "corporate collusion"? Honestly don't care if there is a one world government and a big conspiracy to suppress us all. 

As long as I can still eat my noodles and crisps and watch Spurs, I'm not arsed.

"Big pharma dictates government policy" no shit Sherlock!

Clearly part of the one world governments plan to keep you dangling in the hope that you can always do better and might even be on the cusp of achieving your dreams but will always end the cycle in despair until ambassador of the new world order Levy restarts the process in one and a half seasons time. What that Plato drawing doesn’t show you is that they were all watching the north London derby in that cave.

Edited by Mr_Danger

The One World Government can’t come quickly enough for me.  The sooner we apportion our diminishing global resources centrally, the longer we’ll survive as a species.

Also, once my vote counts the same as Li Wong we might see greater unity between Western nations.

Like we know the systems we partake in and largely benefit immeasurably and unfairly from are choking the planet. Orwell's boot stamping on a human face forever is right there in plain sight. 

So yeah I'm all for seeing what trans-dimensional shapeshifting reptilians have to bring to the table. We're about to be chucked out of this campsite so if I can get a fast track to the Draconis star system and all I have to do is dabble in a bit of satanism and drink better treated water then I'm there. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Like we know the systems we partake in and largely benefit immeasurably and unfairly from are choking the planet. Orwell's boot stamping on a human face forever is right there in plain sight. . 

Conspiracy bollocks is ultimately all about putting the cart before the horse. It's seeing that rich and powerful people are corrupt and collude to increase their wealth and influence, and assuming that there's some grand plan and ultimate end underpinning it all, rather than just short-sighted self-interest from beginning to end. Whereas "powerful people will throw disenfranchised and poor people under the bus to further extend their power" is so obvious as to be self-evident, and doesn't require a big Conspiracy Of Everything to explain it. 

The most depressing part of is that the "free thinkers" are so easily won over the moment that someone starts flattering their vanity. That they can believe that their allies against the rich and powerful are the likes of wealthy Hollywood film star and celebrity Russell Brand, real estate tycoon and actual former President of the United States Donald Trump, and the world's richest man, does really make you wonder who they think the Elites and powerful cabal running things actually are (spoiler: it's The Jews). It ultimately comes down to an incredibly childish "don't tell me what to do" approach to life.

Of course what Brand can't explain is why those behind this supposed conspiracy have gone to all this trouble in the first place. I mean why would they bother to drag up women from his past and convince them to tell their story now, when it would have been far easier just to entangle Brand in a straightforward honey trap and accuse him of rape straight away. Given his reputation for behaviour around women, just dangle an attractive women in front of him and he'd have fallen for it without any trouble at all.

I guess it depends on who needs convincing, but coming from a background in mathematics I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to improbability.

Look at it this way. 

Apparently the people behind this are all-powerful. Quite why they'd feel the need to use that power to discredit a single critic is another matter, is Brand really making a measureable impact to their profit or power? But anyway, for whatever reason they've decided Brand needs to be discredited. Now if they are as all-powerful as claimed, they really shouldn't have any difficulty following the nice, simple plan I outlined. But instead they've gone another route. Now if Brand is to be believed (which he isn't obviously) the women in question are all liars and/or completely mispresenting what occured. So if that is the case (which it isn't obviously) the conspirators would have had to contact several women from his past asking them to make these false (which they aren't obviously) claims, and that's where the potential problem starts. They have no idea of these women's loyality to Brand, they could easily have tipped Brand off when approached, or publicised it to the media or on their own social media account(s). That nobody has reported such an approach suggests a 100% success rate as there are no women saying "two Men in Black asked me to lie about my past relationship with Brand". I won't claim to have any first-hand knowledge of schemes to discredit someone, but I know that as soon as you involve people of unknown loyalty who aren't under your direct control you're asking for trouble, if the conspirators are as all-powerful as claimed then they'd be just as capable of mounting an "in-house" operation without the risk involved in seeking the assistance of third parties.

• Paid Members

Conspiracies always fall down on issues of compliance and complexity - the more people that need to be involved, and the more room for error there is, the less likely it is that a conspiracy could ever function, but conspiracists actively seek out more and more connections because they feel that increased complexity would make things more likely as surely all of these things being connected couldn't possibly be coincidence, right?! It doesn't matter how tenuous the connections are.

It's not just, like @Tamura said, that they would have to work on an assumption that these women would be talked into it and have no qualms about selling Brand out, no previous loyalty to him, and so on, it's that at no point in that process would anybody fuck up. Nobody would have second thoughts. Nobody who had been talked into this by The Powers That Be would look at the amount of press the story was garnering and thing, "I could sell my story and make millions off this". 

If you think of it in terms of government conspiracies - nobody in the government, the civil service, or any number of contractors required to pull off 9/11 being an inside job, none of the production crew necessary to stage a fake Moon landing, would think "this is a bit off, this" and speak out, or sell their story years later? Nobody would accidentally leave an incriminating document on a train, send an email to the wrong person by mistake, confess everything to their spouse only for that relationship to go south and the ex to spill the beans. Conspiracies rely on absolutely everything going to plan, and it's ironic that the people who believe them, who make the most noise of anyone about never trusting the government or the media, ascribe to them a level of competence and efficiency that they could only dream of.

Where it's worrying with Brand is that it's conspiracy logic running headlong into just old-fashioned misogyny. Misogyny is already a prime recruitment angle for the far-right, and taking the horrible shitshower of incels, men's rights weirdoes, the "Manosphere" in general, and anyone else with a vested interest in pretending that men are victimised and that women routinely make up rape claims, and further embedding that world-view into conspiracy culture and far-right politics is a really ugly situation. An American friend of mine was recently saying that she wouldn't be surprised to see Brand essentially become a cult leader because of how unquestioning his supporters are and how they will reject allegations against him out of hand, but I think she's missing the point, because this is only about Russell Brand insofar as his own actions and his victims are concerned, in terms of lasting cultural impact, Brand could be any high profile sex offender and the same right-wing weirdoes would be rallying behind him. He's a useful idiot to further a political project - and just in case that starts to sound with conspiracy, I mean in terms of it being purely opportunistic for certain people to jump on a bandwagon, rather than any grand plan.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Another one coming ...

kKa80Eey.thumb.jpg.ee3df167dcb4456c7951fe021c36e3d1.jpg 

People are wildly speculating about this, but I'd have money on this being less about a sex pest and more about a different scandal. HS2 perhaps. Obviously it could well be, but I doubt the BBC wants to be exposing anyone who may have worked for them in some capacity and all the rumoured/open secret names have had big shows on BBC at some point. Unless they're chasing a news presenter from a different network, it would seem an odd tact for Panorama to take.

The lack of subject matter could also just mean it's something they are awaiting legal clearance on. Too many people jumping to conclusions off the back of the Russell Brand doc. 

Edited by mim731