The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

29 minutes ago, Loki said:

Very true, I was just making a light joke about rap music and misogyny in general.  There are worse lyrics just in that song to be honest!  Not actually read up on what Diddy is accused of, as like most of you I'd assumed he was a wrongun for years.

He also told the fellas to grab their dicks if they love hip hop, so at least he was even handed to both sexes.

Just now, deathrey said:

And all about the consent

That song is all about getting women so drunk they will put out!  

Left the club tipsy, say no mo'
Except how I'm gettin home, tomorrow

They wouldn't refuse you see, because of the implication.

Also these fine lyrics

Mad women wantin to bone Sean combs
Sippin on Patron

Well.... possibly not always Biggy.

Biggie also once said "You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"

Now I didn't know him, but I'm 99.9% certain he, along with 99.9% of all other rappers (authors, film makers, song writers) say things for entertainment values, and he didn't always mean what he rapped.

I mean I could be wrong, maybe that woman was so fine, he'd have blown her Dad, I dunno.

But dissecting rap lyrics always makes me cringe as yes, out of context of the song/character/facade, it looks and sounds wrong.

2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Also Rebel Wilson's accusations against Sacha Baron-Cohen don't surprise me in the least either.

My sister was an extra on that film (Grimsby).

She described SBC acting like an arrogant, entitled prima donna who was very rude to her apropos of nothing. So fuck him, I hope he gets what's coming his way!

On the plus side, my sis said that it was the most she ever got paid for a film as Cohen was really late onto the set and there was loads of overtime.

11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

say things for entertainment values,

I can't believe we're actually having this discussion over what was just one of a number of jokes about Biggie, but isn't that the excuse that's always trotted out over Me Too issues?  It was just a joke, I was just playing a part etc?  

To be clear I'm neither excusing Diddy or accusing Biggie of being a rapist, but hip hop over the years has painted women in a very poor light and there are a lot of artists who probably wouldn't write such stuff now, at the very least. Hip hop scene probably not the place to look for sensitivity to consent and women's liberation generally.   And that was all I was saying.  In the context of one of the most successful hip hop moguls being outed as a possible sex trafficker, this surely isn't contentious?

Edited by Loki
suck on yo daddy's dick

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I can't believe we're actually having this discussion over what was just one of a number of jokes about Biggie, but isn't that the excuse that's always trotted out over Me Too issues?  It was just a joke, I was just playing a part etc?  

To be clear I'm neither excusing Diddy or accusing Biggie of being a rapist, but hip hop over the years has painted women in a very poor light and there are a lot of artists who probably wouldn't write such stuff now, at the very least. Hip hop scene probably not the place to look for sensitivity to consent and women's liberation generally.   And that was all I was saying.  In the context of one of the most successful hip hop moguls being outed as a possible sex trafficker, this surely isn't contentious?

I see you've edited the post like the pussy you are (that goes for you other editing motherfuckers as well. See me edit a post, no you didn't) but I'm just having a discussion about it. I'm not saying you have said Biggie is a rapist.

But if we're having a go at the hip hop scene for "sensitivity to consent and women's liberation generally" let's have a look at the pop punk scene, the emo scene, the metal scene, the hair rock scene, the glam rock scene, basically any rock scene, which also has a massive history of misogyny and horrible lyrics about women throughout.

Wouldn't you agree? 

Hip hop as a genre is probably going to come off worse in a comparison because of the way hip hop lyrics are structured. Storytelling/painting a picture is arguably far more important for hip hop than other genres

Edited by deathrey

8 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Roy Orbison drove all night, crept in her room, woke her from her sleep to make love to her. Is that alright? He drove all night!

I mean, he made such an effort.

Just now, deathrey said:

Hip hop as a genre is probably going to come off worse in a comparison because of the way hip hop lyrics are structured. Storytelling telling/painting a picture is arguably far more important for hip hop than other genres

Agreed, as well as the need to "keep it real" often as a character, so you say and do things that you just don't believe. 

I'm not saying Loki was doing that, but it annoys me massively when people expect better of hip hop than say, pop punk or emo, which is just as misogynistic.

I'll be honest, most of the rap music I like you just have to *Chris Rock voice* let some shit slide. One of my favourite songs is Dope Fiend Beat by Too Short. If you go and listen to it or read the lyrics, it's obviously horrific. But I'll still listen to it and enjoy it, knowing full well its misogynistic. 

Does this make me a hypocrite? Maybe. Have I got a point? Almost certainly not.

Is my pizza ready? Yes.

#Garthing #WestCoastAndEastCoast

I can't say much, I'm also a hypocrite. I love hip hop in all it's misogynistic glory. I try and treat it like a film - you can love a film where bad shit happens and no one bats an eyelid. I'm also a huge Punjabi music fam and most of the lyrics are about drinking and getting drunk, as well as many tropes you usually find in hip hop in regards to guns and women just phrased more politely - I'm tee-total and about as straightlaced as you can get but I'll happily sing along at the top of my lungs

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Roy Orbison drove all night, crept in her room, woke her from her sleep to make love to her. Is that alright? He drove all night!

Cyndi Lauper did the same, first, and we still love her

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Cyndi Lauper did the same, first, and we still love her

Apologies for this being an utterly tedious pedantic fact, but Roy Orbison's version was recorded first, even though it wasn't released until a couple of years after Cyndi's.