Members SuperBacon Posted April 18, 2020 Members Posted April 18, 2020 1 hour ago, waters44 said: Paul Newman double bill on ITV4 this weekend Board favourite The Sting today at 12:55! Tomorrow at 13:35 is The Towering Inferno. I think this film disappeared for a bit after 9/11 but is back now. Tune in to see Paul Newman and Steve McQueen get all dirty and sweaty whilst taking on a massive fire ( and also behind the scenes fighting over who had the most lines!). Not as good as Poseidon Adventure for me but still a really great few hours Superb films, but neither will save you if you're on a milk float with a bomb attached to it. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted April 22, 2020 Posted April 22, 2020 Midnight Run starring Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin is on Film4 at 21:00 or Film4+1 an hour later. It was a thread on this board that made me check it out and I'm glad I did. Give it a watch, it's bloody fantastic! Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 13, 2020 Posted May 13, 2020 Tangerine is on Film4 tonight at about 1:30am if you're into great films about trans sex workers that are filmed on iPhones. Quote
Paid Members Scott Malbranque Posted May 13, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 13, 2020 2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said: Tangerine is on Film4 tonight at about 1:30am if you're into great films about trans sex workers that are filmed on iPhones. Just when I thought my confusion passed with poor Miriam Rivera and I'd come out the other side smelling of Blue Stratos and Denim shower gel. I can't say I won't watch this, but you'll never be able to prove that I have. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 13, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted May 13, 2020 I was a bit disappointed in Tangerine but I'm very much in the minority. Sean Baker is a really good guy and his other two films, Starlet and especially The Florida Project, are superb. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted June 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2020 Wasn't sure where else to put this so thought this was a good a place as any; There was a little 2-minute segment on Talking Pictures TV at the end of BBC News today (starts around 29 mins in); https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kc87/bbc-news-at-six-22062020 Mad to think a TV channel with ever-growing viewership (6M at its peak) is maintained by a father and daughter out of a garden shed. Quote
Paid Members Maverick Posted June 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2020 It's a wonderful channel and I've discovered some great films as a result. Was worried when I heard Covid-19 was causing them financial bother. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted June 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2020 That's what I was looking for! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 16, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted September 16, 2020 Honestly, it's way better than "Cornish fishing village drama" makes it sound. A great companion piece to Make Up, if you can catch it at a nearby art cinéma. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted September 16, 2020 Posted September 16, 2020 I saw Bait at the cinema and it’s great. The first third is very slow and hard work, but but it picks up so stick with it. It’s worth it. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 16, 2020 Would you recommend a double bill of Bait with Fisherman's Friends and in which case, which order? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 5, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted December 5, 2020 27 minutes ago, Perry said: Porridge 5:30pm BBC Two. Nuff said Thanks, Mab. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.