General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator

Have to admit, I'm enjoying Twitter a hell of a lot given how many of my friends are reds. Not sure how anyone can defend the decision. He nearly decapitated him but lads, he was looking at the ball! 

Not a patch on Calvin Andrew's Brogue Kick a few years back. Skip to 40s unless you want to tolerate Mark Bright.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If you're after stats, then one successful tackle, three interceptions, one clearance. 

It was the Jones and Bailly that cost the team yesterday. Some absolutely shocking defending from the pair of them for the two goals conceded.

Everyone else was solid enough.

• Paid Members

Increasingly pleased with Morata over Lukaku, despite being initially sceptical. Both good, but enjoying how Morata is fitting into the system. Really like having a centre forward who is is a great header of the ball.

After the appalling initial game, we're only a point off the top. Very, very heavy 21 days inbound though. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Murtz said:

It's annoying because those two have been pretty solid so far. Bailly was the one who disappointed the most, I'm used to more donkey moments from Jones.

Definitely, but they were truly appalling. Complete lack of concentration by both, which is annoying. I felt a little annoyed for De Gea after the Jones mistake, because he just pulled off one of those "best keeper in the world" reaction saves, but it meant nothing a few seconds later because Jones forgot he was playing football.

2 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Only saw the red card this morning, how the fuck are all of the Match of the day pundits defending it? It was fucking dangerous, he got nowhere the ball and hit the guys face. Old git pundits saying it was unlucky and they would have gone for it. They change rules to help players' safety.

Yeah I was surprised by this.  Their claim of 'he has to go for it' is ridiculous.  Go with it with your head then, like the goalkeeper was.  I wonder if the goalkeeper had kicked Mane in the head, whether the pundits would be saying the same thing. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Only saw the red card this morning, how the fuck are all of the Match of the day pundits defending it? It was fucking dangerous, he got nowhere the ball and hit the guys face. Old git pundits saying it was unlucky and they would have gone for it. They change rules to help players' safety.

They were mainly strikers on MOTD on Saturday doing punditry badly weren't they if I remember correctly? The likes of Shearer (An Especially Dirty Cunt who got away for shit forever when he was playing because he's Alan Shearer) would say that.

• Paid Members

According to the Beeb, De boer is out at Palace after a whopping 4 games (waiting on confirmation). Quite they came to that decision after a combined total of 360 minutes of play is beyond me. I watched the Palace game yesterday and apart from the Keystone Cops defending for the Wood goal, thought they were the better team and unlucky to get nothing from the match. 

Speculation that the mighty Roy Hodgson is lined up to replace him. I honestly can't think of a less inspiring realistic choice to manage a team than Grandpa Roy. I thought he had retired after leading England to that bollockless performance against Iceland and his resulting paddy about it. About a million years out of date in terms of in vogue tactics and style of play, but with fuck-all of the attritional grittiness of Big Sam and Pulis. The sort of appointment which causes the word 'relegation' to come floating through my head with the force several trucks. 

Archived