General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
19 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

De Boer is probably the shits like but it was fucking ridiculous to go from Allardyce to De Boer because the stupid owners think their brand will be more marketable if the play pretty football and expect it to happen over night.

Exactly. His style of play was an attractive prospect and yeah, a handful of the squad would suit it in the long-run, but you can't expect it to happen immediately. The board need to take a long look at themselves in the transfer window; don't bring a manager in with a style of play you're aware of then not give him the money/players to facilitate it. FdB burnt our heads out with the 3-5-2, by making Puncheon captain, by using the likes of Ward, PVA and Lee as well as not making the most of Benteke's aerial ability, but to bin him after 4 games is an embarrassment. I think they know we have to get three points on Saturday as after that, it's the two Manchester clubs away followed by Chelsea. Zaha, Loftus-Cheek and Sakho are all due back so that should have helped us push on if we stuck with the 4-3-3. Instead, we're going to get me Nan to manage us and will end up with Benteke taking corners.

We're in our fifth season in the Premier League and still have Championship-level players regularly getting a game. You can't apportion that to the 27 managers we've had in that time; it's the owners who need the kicking over this. We're a shambles of a club at the top.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Instead, we're going to get me Nan to manage us and will end up with Benteke taking corners.

Sorry for the schadenfreude, but genuine laugh here reading that. Can Benteke take long-range free kicks like Kane too??

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Half of that modicum of praise is nullified by that fucking drum they hooked up to the PA system during the 2-1 a few weeks back though.

That was hilarious and dreadful. He actually got sent home at half time. Originally everybody thought it was because the club realised that drummers are shit in the first place and hooking it up to the PA is even worse but it turns out the league called at half time and said we're not allowed to do that. 

At the Bridge, is it a myth that the home fans used to piss on the away fans from the tier above or did that actually happen? 

9 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

At the Bridge, is it a myth that the home fans used to piss on the away fans from the tier above or did that actually happen? 

Wasn't exclusive to the bridge. Didn't happen every game but happened a lot. 

10 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Got home from Liverpool yesterday and it was an awful thing to watch. Everton were absolutely spineless, guileless and leaderless out there. Incredible, considering the like of Williams, Rooney, Baines and Klaasen were on the pitch, but there’s an awful lot of new blood and they do need time to gel.

But I really think I’m falling out of love with a game that has basically consumed me most days since I was a child, as that fucking crowd on Saturday were poisonous. Lansdowne Road was bad on Tuesday, but this was on another level. Before kick-off, down the Park End, all I could hear from near and far was moaning and sniping and griping. I mean, have a fucking moan after the game, but literally from the first kick of the game the crowd were all over the players’ backs. I stood there baffled.

Sandro’s first touch let him down once and all around me all I could hear was vile abuse and “Waste of fucking money” being shited out of everywhere.

I’ve said it before, sometimes being at Goodison is like being in the crowd watching Lisa Simpson and her band perform Born to Runner Up. It’s absolutely astounding, the entitlement of modern day football fans.

I think it’s at most grounds now though, as I’ve a Geordie mate who won’t go to a Newcastle home game because of the negative atmosphere around the ground and I’ve been to Stoke where the fans seem to be on the teams back from the off as well.

To be fair though, I spent a lot of the game developing a nervous twitch, looking at Koemans sour head, so I have my moments...

The poisonous atmosphere has been there since midway through Martinez' second season when things were starting to turn really sour and it hasn't been completely shaken off since. I almost stopped going myself after an ugly incident with a fellow blue at the United game the day Kendall died. The very minimal games I went to last season were like a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed going the Split game a couple of weeks back despite the hostilities with their lot. Looking forward to the Sunderland game next week too despite the last couple of games

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

The poisonous atmosphere has been there since midway through Martinez' second season

Question not just for you but everyone on here- do you think this is a generation thing? A lot of newer fans have this massive sense of entitlement and expectation of success, I've noticed. Likewise when it comes to signing players as well. Too much playing FIFA, I say.

4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Question not just for you but everyone on here- do you think this is a generation thing? A lot of newer fans have this massive sense of entitlement and expectation of success, I've noticed. Likewise when it comes to signing players as well. Too much playing FIFA, I say.

Social media has definitely played a part in things for sure, I've been going to Goodison solo for 18 years and even during the absolute worst periods under Walter Smith in the early 00's the atmosphere at games was never as bad as it got in the past 3 years

It's the red button generation. First fast now and all that, then you have us old moaning cunts as well. Back in my day you had to go to the game to see it or hope Match Of The Day had cameras there. Now every single game has them, and obviously that's better but it does detract from the excitement of match day being your main and sometimes only way of seeing your club. 

Yes I do remember when the Internet was all fields. 

• Paid Members

Society is in the shitter. It permeates all facets of life. There seems to be a dearth of goodness in the world. We can find it. Sadly we have to look for it. Keep smiling peeps. It'll help to make the world a better place.

I guess the posts above bring some credence to the "Bitter Blue" moniker. Personally I find it very difficult to get excited about the toffees and football in general. There doesn't seem to be any fun in the game anymore. I may power up the Amiga and play some Kick Off 2 and Sensible Soccer. Or watch that Everton v Liverpool game from the FA Cup fifth round. 

Keep smiling!

Social Media & Money has ruined atmosphere at games.

Social Media is full of debate, criticism, wind ups etc and it just fuels fans to get fed up watching teams, take Paddy Power for example (as funny as some material can be) if your constantly mocking certain clubs then understandably fans will get pretty annoyed by it. Add to that silly fan run TV things on You Tube, forums, fan call in shows and its just literally one big shit stirring contest which riles everybody.

Add to that the money and prices in the game as well, Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs (if not now eventually) charge the highest prices in the league so you can understand why fans get frustrated if the clubs don't match those ambitions or if the players don't put in enough effort, its probably like £150 for a day out at football these days just for one person (ticket, food, drink, travel) so if the club isn't perceived to be spending money or if the team under performs then the fans will get on the teams back.

I think its easy to look at the negatives of social media as there are some rough diamonds out there, but you only have to look at transfer deadline day to see what a farce its all become, I said this before but with all the hype/drama that deadline day brings its got to a point where if your team hasn't signed a player on the last day of the window then its deemed a failure, so clubs kind of panic and feel as though they need to sign players to please the fans...although now thats been changed but doubt it will change anything. 

Archived